Moving around in a document

Stephen Boulet
A couple of quick questions:

Are there keypresses for page up and page down (besides the page up and down
keys, of course ;)?

How can I make the line where the cursor is centered in the window (cntrl-L in
emacs)? Thanks.

_________
Stephen

If your desktop gets out of control easily,
you probably have too much stuff on it that
doesn't need to be there.
         Donna Smallin, "Unclutter Your Home"

Re: Moving around in a document

Tim Chase-2
> Are there keypresses for page up and page down (besides the
> page up and down keys, of course ;)?

Well, you have ctrl+f and ctrl+b for paging forward and backward,
as well as ctrl+d and ctrl+u for half-page motions.

:help <pageDown>
:help scrolling

should jump you the apropos sections of the help.

> How can I make the line where the cursor is centered in the
> window (cntrl-L in emacs)? Thanks.

:help scroll-cursor

The short answer is "zz".  But there are other kin for
positioning the cursor line at the top and bottom of the screen,
as well as whether or not the cursor moves to the beginning of
the line or not.

Re: Moving around in a document

Gary Johnson
On 2005-05-25, Stephen Boulet <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A couple of quick questions:
>
> Are there keypresses for page up and page down (besides the page up and down
> keys, of course ;)?

    Ctrl-B
    Ctrl-F

    :help scroll.txt

> How can I make the line where the cursor is centered in the window (cntrl-L in
> emacs)? Thanks.

    zz

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[hidden email]     | Wireless Division
                             | Spokane, Washington, USA

Re: Moving around in a document

Josh Olson
how do i unsubscribe?

Re: Moving around in a document

A.J.Mechelynck
Josh Olson wrote:
> how do i unsubscribe?

Browse to vim-online at http://www.vim.org/ , then follow Community, and
finally click on the name of the mailing list. (It won't send an email,
but rather show you how to subscribe, unsubscribe, etc.)

HTH,