Multiple VO calenders?

Steve Litt
Can one have multiple VO calenders? I need at least 2 -- one for
appointments/etc, and one to record things I've done well.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: Multiple VO calenders?

Stefan Schmiedl
Steve Litt (18.09. 20:51):

> Can one have multiple VO calenders? I need at least 2 -- one for
> appointments/etc, and one to record things I've done well.

hmmm... I guess if you use different date formats for the different
calendars, vim's tag file mechanism should do the right thing.

appointments: 2005-09-19
diary:        2005/09/19

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: Multiple VO calenders?

Noel Henson
On Sunday 18 September 2005 05:51 pm, Steve Litt wrote:
> Can one have multiple VO calenders? I need at least 2 -- one for
> appointments/etc, and one to record things I've done well.

My calendar has this structure so I can keep both together.

September
        2005-09-18 Sun
                To Do
                Events
                Log
                Billing

I use the log section as a journal. I have a script that extracts and sums
all the billing info by client so it's easy to invoice.

Noel

Re: Multiple VO calenders?

Samuel Wright
Noel,

Any chance of making that available? I was going to write something similar...

Cheers
Sam

On 9/19/05, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sunday 18 September 2005 05:51 pm, Steve Litt wrote:
> Can one have multiple VO calenders? I need at least 2 -- one for
> appointments/etc, and one to record things I've done well.

My calendar has this structure so I can keep both together.

September
        2005-09-18 Sun
                To Do
                Events
                Log
                Billing

I use the log section as a journal. I have a script that extracts and sums
all the billing info by client so it's easy to invoice.

Noel

Re: Multiple VO calenders?

Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz
I have one at my other computer.  I may even be able to find me.  Nag if
I don't.

Lucas

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 06:22 am, Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz wrote:
> I have one at my other computer.  I may even be able to find me.  Nag if
> I don't.
>
> Lucas

Lucas,

I use this format in the 'Billing' Children
September
        2005-09-19
                To Do
                Events
                Log
                Billing
                        Xlerbtronix
                                TurboList coding: 3:00
                                TurboList testing: 1:30
                        Accutrix
                                Compression: 3:30

I use my otl2table.py script to flatten the outline into a table and pass
it through a sort and sum routine. The downside to my method is that
I still use a text-table database system from the early 80's. I borrow some
of its functions to generate the summary data. You can get similar
functions from the NOSQL project or I can work with you to replicate their
functions in Python or whatever.

Still interested?

Noel

Re: Multiple VO calenders?

Samuel Wright
Noel.

Yes I am interested. Could I have a copy of otl2table.py?
I'll have a quick read up on NOSQL as well.

Ta
Sam

On Thursday 22 September 2005 01:53 am, Samuel Wright wrote:
> Noel.
>
> Yes I am interested. Could I have a copy of otl2table.py?
> I'll have a quick read up on NOSQL as well.
>
> Ta
> Sam

Here is otl2table.py (also available on the web site) and my 'summarize'
script.

Noel

billing-pkg.tgz (4K) Download Attachment