Multiple selection in "Open Tab..." file browser

Multiple selection in "Open Tab..." file browser

Peter Shenkin
HI,

I've been a MacVim user for many years but just joined this group. I hope it's not out of place to suggest an improvement here.

It would be great if the file selector that comes up when you select Open Tab... (Shift-Cmd-T) would allow multiple selection. I use "mvim -p" from the shell all the time and I'd love to get the analogous functionality when I want to add several files from the same directory to my current window, in separate tabs.

-P.

Re: Multiple selection in "Open Tab..." file browser

Rick Dooling-2
On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 5:00:48 PM UTC-6, Peter Shenkin wrote:
> HI,
>
> I've been a MacVim user for many years but just joined this group. I hope it's not out of place to suggest an improvement here.
>
> It would be great if the file selector that comes up when you select Open Tab... (Shift-Cmd-T) would allow multiple selection. I use "mvim -p" from the shell all the time and I'd love to get the analogous functionality when I want to add several files from the same directory to my current window, in separate tabs.
>
> -P.

Not via the gui but once Vim is open

:args file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt
:tab all