My vim is not working properly

srlhyo
Hi all,

I am really sorry to be so vague and uninterested but I am getting anxious about not being able to use vim as wished. I have got windows and downloaded Vim 8.0 but I am unable to run some plugins, such as "browserlink". For instance, if I run :py print(1) it gives the following error: E887: Sorry, this command is disabled, the Python's site module could not be loaded.

I have even downloaded Python 3.6.5 but I still get the same error. My question is: is there any way of installing vim free of these problems? I really want to be able to use vim but it's been hard to do it so.

Many thanks

Re: My vim is not working properly

Shlomi Fish-2
On Thu, 17 May 2018 04:46:58 -0700 (PDT)
srlhyo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am really sorry to be so vague and uninterested but I am getting anxious
> about not being able to use vim as wished. I have got windows and downloaded
> Vim 8.0 but I am unable to run some plugins, such as "browserlink". For
> instance, if I run :py print(1) it gives the following error: E887: Sorry,
> this command is disabled, the Python's site module could not be loaded.
>
> I have even downloaded Python 3.6.5 but I still get the same error. My
> question is: is there any way of installing vim free of these problems? I
> really want to be able to use vim but it's been hard to do it so.
>
> Many thanks

Hi,

have you tried the advice in
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4718122/how-to-enable-python-support-in-gvim-on-windows ?