NSworkspace warning?

Jeff Bullard
My OS is Yosemite 10.10.5.  I have installed MacVim @7.4.snapshot90 through macports.  It works very well, but every time I open it from the terminal command line, after about 30 seconds I see the following warning in the terminal:

2016-03-08 11:52:25.849 MacVim[53313:39563394] NSWorkspace volume notifications are taking longer than normal. This may be due to non-responding NFS hard mounts. Some volume notifications may arrive late or dropped. This message will only be reported once.

There are no other noticeable consequences, either to the performance of macvim or of anything else.  I am just editing files on my local hard disk, so I'm not sure what the reference to NFS hard mounts is about.  Macvim is the only application that is generating this warning, so I'm thinking this is somehow related to the application rather than a general problem with the settings on my computer.

Thanks very much for any insights you can provide.