Netrw and autocd on Vim 7

Halim, Salman
Greetings,

I noticed that the functionality of explorer.vim was absorbed by
netrw.vim for Vim 7.  I set 'autochdir' in my _vimrc and have noticed
that with it on, directory browsing is not consistent.  The system
frequently finds itself in a different directory than the display:
pressing enter on a file or directory has no effect and pressing
control-L to refresh the display causes it to refresh to a previous
directory.  Simply turning autochdir off fixes this behaviour.

Has anybody else noticed this problem?

It's possible that there is a combination of BufEnter/WinEnter series of
autocommands I have set up in my plugins that causes this problem, but
it doesn't explain (to me, at least) why the problem goes away with
'noacd'.

Thank you,

Salman.

Re: Netrw and autocd on Vim 7

Suresh Govindachar`
 Halim, Salman sent on 7 Jul 2005 10:21:57 -0400:

> I noticed that the functionality of explorer.vim was absorbed by
> netrw.vim for Vim 7.  I set 'autochdir' in my _vimrc and have noticed
> that with it on, directory browsing is not consistent.  The system
> frequently finds itself in a different directory than the display:
> pressing enter on a file or directory has no effect and pressing
> control-L to refresh the display causes it to refresh to a previous
> directory.  Simply turning autochdir off fixes this behaviour.
>
> Has anybody else noticed this problem?
>
> It's possible that there is a combination of BufEnter/WinEnter series of
> autocommands I have set up in my plugins that causes this problem, but
> it doesn't explain (to me, at least) why the problem goes away with
> 'noacd'.

What I have noticed is that netrw breaks the "change to previous
current directory" command (:help :cd-).

--Suresh

Re: Netrw and autocd on Vim 7

David Rennalls
Halim, Salman sent on 7 Jul 2005 10:21:57 -0400:
> I noticed that the functionality of explorer.vim was absorbed by
> netrw.vim for Vim 7.  I set 'autochdir' in my _vimrc and have noticed
> that with it on, directory browsing is not consistent.  The system
> frequently finds itself in a different directory than the display:
> pressing enter on a file or directory has no effect and pressing
> control-L to refresh the display causes it to refresh to a previous
> directory.  Simply turning autochdir off fixes this behaviour.
>
> Has anybody else noticed this problem?

Yes I've run into the same problem but using vim 6.3, I reported this
to Dr. Chip just yesterday actually.

- David