Quantcast

Netrw command move is not executable

wilson.m.liu

I am using Vim 7.2 on Windows. When I use netrw.vim to move a file, first mt to specify the target,
mf to mark the file and mm to move the file, an error message shows like "Netrw command(move) is not executable".
I do not know how to resolve this problem. --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~

Re: Netrw command move is not executable

scott-268

On Sunday 24 May 2009 9:46 pm, [hidden email] wrote:

> I am using Vim 7.2 on Windows. When I use netrw.vim to move a file, first
> mt to specify the target,
> mf to mark the file and mm to move the file, an error message shows like
> "Netrw command(move) is not executable".
> I do not know how to resolve this problem.

if in fact, as you have implied, netrw is attempting to move your
file using the "move" command, you are probably on some flavor of
windows (he uses the "mv" command on linux)

further, if, as you have implied, "move" is not executable, you may
have a hinky "move.exe" somewhere in your path that vim cannot
execute

i don't know how to resolve this problem either, unless by chance
you have unxutils installed and can perform a "which move" to find
out where it is and why vim can't execute it

sc