New Website

Noel Henson
Everyone,

The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be available for
testing on Friday evening to work out any significant issues. Are there any
of you who would like to help with the shakedown? If so, please let me
know. I've allotted a week for the shakedown with a tentative go-live date
of 2/26/10.

Thanks!

Noel

Re: New Website

Israel Chauca Fuentes
On Feb 15, 2010, at 4:23 PM, Noel Henson wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be available for
> testing on Friday evening to work out any significant issues. Are there any
> of you who would like to help with the shakedown? If so, please let me
> know. I've allotted a week for the shakedown with a tentative go-live date
> of 2/26/10.

I'm not sure what a shakedown is, but count me in.

Israel_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list

Re: New Website

John Porubek
I'm game!

--John

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Israel Chauca Fuentes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2010, at 4:23 PM, Noel Henson wrote:
>>
>> Everyone,
>>
>> The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be available for
>> testing on Friday evening to work out any significant issues. Are there any
>> of you who would like to help with the shakedown? If so, please let me
>> know. I've allotted a week for the shakedown with a tentative go-live date
>> of 2/26/10.
>
> I'm not sure what a shakedown is, but count me in.
>
> Israel_______________________________________________
> VimOutliner mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo

Re: New Website

Noel Henson
Come on, people! We need some more testers! Can anyone spare a wee bit of
time the help us help you?

Noel

On Monday 15 February 2010, Noel Henson wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be available
> for testing on Friday evening to work out any significant issues. Are
> there any of you who would like to help with the shakedown? If so,
> please let me know. I've allotted a week for the shakedown with a
> tentative go-live date of 2/26/10.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Noel

Re: New Website

Anders Bo Rasmussen-2
I can use some time during next week to test. Anything specific you want tested?

Anders

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Come on, people! We need some more testers! Can anyone spare a wee bit of
> time the help us help you?
>
> Noel
>
> On Monday 15 February 2010, Noel Henson wrote:
>> Everyone,
>>
>> The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be available
>> for testing on Friday evening to work out any significant issues. Are
>> there any of you who would like to help with the shakedown? If so,
>> please let me know. I've allotted a week for the shakedown with a
>> tentative go-live date of 2/26/10.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Noel

Re: New Website

Steve Litt
Can you tell us the URL again?

StevET

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 23:21:21 Noel Henson wrote:

> Come on, people! We need some more testers! Can anyone spare a wee bit of
> time the help us help you?
>
> Noel
>
> On Monday 15 February 2010, Noel Henson wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be available
> > for testing on Friday evening to work out any significant issues. Are
> > there any of you who would like to help with the shakedown? If so,
> > please let me know. I've allotted a week for the shakedown with a
> > tentative go-live date of 2/26/10.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Noel

Re: New Website

Noel Henson
On Wednesday 17 February 2010, Noel Henson wrote:

> Come on, people! We need some more testers! Can anyone spare a wee bit
> of time the help us help you?
>
> Noel
>
> On Monday 15 February 2010, Noel Henson wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be
> > available for testing on Friday evening to work out any significant
> > issues. Are there any of you who would like to help with the
> > shakedown? If so, please let me know. I've allotted a week for the
> > shakedown with a tentative go-live date of 2/26/10.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Noel

Everyone,

I've not mentioned the URL yet so more of the site can be filled in.  It
probably won't be quite complete even on the launch date. But feedback will
be needed. I hope to have a sort of evaluation form that you can fill out
so we can see if the site will work for us, or not.

The site will have 'home' and 'notes' links on some pages that are being
used as shortcuts and to save time during development. They'll be gone very
soon so don't let them confuse you.

You can visit the new site here: new.vimoutliner.org. You can even register
and see more of the VO development site. If you do register, you still
won't have full access to the site until tomorrow evening. That is when
I'll edit users' permissions.

Have fun!

Noel

Re: New Website

Erich Horsten
Hello!

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 08:45:52AM -0800, Noel Henson wrote:
> You can visit the new site here: new.vimoutliner.org. You can even register
> and see more of the VO development site. If you do register, you still
> won't have full access to the site until tomorrow evening. That is when
> I'll edit users' permissions.

I filled out the registration 3 times, but it's not possible to log in
and I don't get email when click the 'forgotten password' button.

THX for your work!

Erich

Re: New Website

Noel Henson
Erich,

Right now I am manually enabling each registration. I'll enable yours now.
This won't be the case when the site goes live.

Noel

On Thursday 18 February 2010, Erich Horsten wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 08:45:52AM -0800, Noel Henson wrote:
> > You can visit the new site here: new.vimoutliner.org. You can even
> > register and see more of the VO development site. If you do register,
> > you still won't have full access to the site until tomorrow evening.
> > That is when I'll edit users' permissions.
>
> I filled out the registration 3 times, but it's not possible to log in
> and I don't get email when click the 'forgotten password' button.
>
> THX for your work!
>
> Erich

Re: New Website

Steve Litt
On Friday 19 February 2010 02:48:50 Erich Horsten wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 08:45:52AM -0800, Noel Henson wrote:
> > You can visit the new site here: new.vimoutliner.org. You can even
> > register and see more of the VO development site. If you do register, you
> > still won't have full access to the site until tomorrow evening. That is
> > when I'll edit users' permissions.
>
> I filled out the registration 3 times, but it's not possible to log in
> and I don't get email when click the 'forgotten password' button.
>
> THX for your work!
>
> Erich

Same with me, but I forgot to report it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: New Website

Noel Henson
I have enabled all users so you're all good to go. I have also switched
from manual verification of users to email verification. That way nobody
will be waiting on me to verify them.

Noel

On Friday 19 February 2010, Steve Litt wrote:

> On Friday 19 February 2010 02:48:50 Erich Horsten wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 08:45:52AM -0800, Noel Henson wrote:
> > > You can visit the new site here: new.vimoutliner.org. You can even
> > > register and see more of the VO development site. If you do
> > > register, you still won't have full access to the site until
> > > tomorrow evening. That is when I'll edit users' permissions.
> >
> > I filled out the registration 3 times, but it's not possible to log in
> > and I don't get email when click the 'forgotten password' button.
> >
> > THX for your work!
> >
> > Erich
>
> Same with me, but I forgot to report it.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Recession Relief Package
> http://www.recession-relief.US
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stevelitt

Re: New Website

Chris Judson-2
Noel,
Would be happy to help betaTest the site. Been using vimoutliner as my main organizer for two years now.
Peace,
Chris

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Everyone,

The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be available for
testing on Friday evening to work out any significant issues. Are there any
of you who would like to help with the shakedown? If so, please let me
know. I've allotted a week for the shakedown with a tentative go-live date
of 2/26/10.

Thanks!

Noel

Re: New Website

Noel Henson
Join in. http://new.vimoutliner.org

Noel

On Saturday 20 February 2010, Chris Judson wrote:

> Noel,
> Would be happy to help betaTest the site. Been using vimoutliner as my
> main organizer for two years now.
> Peace,
> Chris
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be
> > available for testing on Friday evening to work out any significant
> > issues. Are there any of you who would like to help with the
> > shakedown? If so, please let me know. I've allotted a week for the
> > shakedown with a tentative go-live date of 2/26/10.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Noel

Re: New Website

Erich Horsten
Hello,

here is my 'first impression' feedback. redmine seems to be a good
choice. The number and the level of the buttons is a little irritating
at first.  Maybe, because there is just one project so far and the
project buttons show up at the starting page.

Programmers will have no troubles with the handling, but users,
just looking for download, documentation etc.

I would favour a simple start page for example like
http://code.phpbb.com/ or http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/ with just basic
information and the first level buttons on the top as small as the
default theme.

Good work!

Erich

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 02:23:58PM -0800, Noel Henson wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be available for
> testing on Friday evening to work out any significant issues. Are there any
> of you who would like to help with the shakedown? If so, please let me
> know. I've allotted a week for the shakedown with a tentative go-live date
> of 2/26/10.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Noel

Re: New Website

Noel Henson
Erich,

I've been getting the same feedback from others. I prefer the ruby-lang and
taskwarrior usage of the wiki as well. I'm working with djp to correct
these issues.

Thanks for the feedback!

Noel

On Monday 22 February 2010, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> here is my 'first impression' feedback. redmine seems to be a good
> choice. The number and the level of the buttons is a little irritating
> at first.  Maybe, because there is just one project so far and the
> project buttons show up at the starting page.
>
> Programmers will have no troubles with the handling, but users,
> just looking for download, documentation etc.
>
> I would favour a simple start page for example like
> http://code.phpbb.com/ or http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/ with just basic
> information and the first level buttons on the top as small as the
> default theme.
>
> Good work!
>
> Erich
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 02:23:58PM -0800, Noel Henson wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > The new website is coming along nicely. The beta site will be
> > available for testing on Friday evening to work out any significant
> > issues. Are there any of you who would like to help with the
> > shakedown? If so, please let me know. I've allotted a week for the
> > shakedown with a tentative go-live date of 2/26/10.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Noel

Re: New Website

David J Patrick-2
Noel Henson wrote:
> Erich,
>
> I've been getting the same feedback from others. I prefer the ruby-lang and
> taskwarrior usage of the wiki as well. I'm working with djp to correct
> these issues.

As I'm the fellow who set up the taskwarrior wiki I should be able to
help with that.

I took the liberty of crafting up a navigation for VO because I think
the future site layout should be comprehensive and anticipate future
needs, addressing every aspect of the project, and I could envision a
structure that contained it all, so I scribbled it in wiki form.

Regardless of the arrangement we end up with, I would argue that all the
pages you see represented in the first work-up, need to find a home in
whatever the end product. As all of you outline fans know, a subject can
be outlined any number of ways, this is just mine. I invite you to
propose another structure, or suggest mods to this one.

I won't be (too) offended if you re-arrange it or scrap it completely,
but I would hope that you would have a better idea to replace it before
disassembling completely, and it should addresses every aspect, and have
  at-least-as comprehensible structure.

To be fair to this design mock-up, what I see as essential connections
for this Nav, have not yet been connected. I would ask you to imagine it
as follows;

http://new.vimoutliner.org/projects/vo/wiki
I see as the Welcome page, first stop for vimoutliner.org, also seen on
clicking the Wiki tab, or the VO logo. It should be as simple as
possible, but no simpler.

http://new.vimoutliner.org/projects/vo/wiki/VimOutliner_-_Work_fast_Think_well
is intended as the Home page, arrived at by clicking the little Home
icon or the Home link on the top panel, as one of the handy links left
in logical places. It is intended as a site-wide index and jumping-off
point.

http://new.vimoutliner.org/projects/vo
is the Overview page, and is what you see as the start page for
taskwarrior. This is a more redmine-integrated page, and should have a
concise description of the project, and its key components, as well as
aggregating various project summaries. At the moment it is untouched (by
me) as I have not write access, but I think this one needs attention.

For full effect, if you were to imagine it as I did (for a moment) I
would hard-code NavBar0 into the site .css
[Home] About -- Themes [Help]
so that is is seen in all (as in all) pages, to allow direct access to
all components from any other page.

So there ya have it.
Take what you like, and scrap the rest. I'll help you to do whatever you
can clearly describe, but whatever that is I do hope that it will be as
clear and yet comprehensive. I would also ask you to click around a bit
imagining the "final" touches listed above, before tossing it overboard
completely. Have another look at
http://new.vimoutliner.org/projects/vo/wiki/VimOutliner_-_Work_fast_Think_well
and ask yourself; all of these elements, if not here, they go...  where ?

djp