No colors

Steve Litt
Hi all,

I just put VO on a new box. I did it by copying my files from the old box to a
new -- not by reinstalling. I didn't want to change all my custom stuff.

Anyway, the new one on Knoppix 3.81 works perfectly except no colors. Where do
I start to troubleshoot?

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: No colors

Noel Henson
On Tuesday 25 October 2005 04:38 pm, Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just put VO on a new box. I did it by copying my files from the old
> box to a new -- not by reinstalling. I didn't want to change all my
> custom stuff.
>
> Anyway, the new one on Knoppix 3.81 works perfectly except no colors.
> Where do I start to troubleshoot?
>
> SteveT

Steve,

First check to make sure that Vim is properly recognizing the otl filetype
with: :set filetype.

Second, make sure that highlighting is loaded with: :hi.

Third, give your ~/.vimrc file a look. Make sure this lines are in there:

filetype plugin indent on

Lastly, check to make sure you have a colorscheme loaded. Did you copy the
~/.vim/colors over to the new machine?

Noel

Re: No colors

Steve Litt
On Tuesday 25 October 2005 08:08 pm, Noel Henson wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 October 2005 04:38 pm, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just put VO on a new box. I did it by copying my files from the old
> > box to a new -- not by reinstalling. I didn't want to change all my
> > custom stuff.
> >
> > Anyway, the new one on Knoppix 3.81 works perfectly except no colors.
> > Where do I start to troubleshoot?
> >
> > SteveT
>
> Steve,
>
> First check to make sure that Vim is properly recognizing the otl filetype
> with: :set filetype.

Filetype was vo_base

> Second, make sure that highlighting is loaded with: :hi.

This listed a bunch of stuff, none of it vo related.

> Third, give your ~/.vimrc file a look. Make sure this lines are in there:
>
> filetype plugin indent on

It was.

> Lastly, check to make sure you have a colorscheme loaded. Did you copy the
> ~/.vim/colors over to the new machine?

There was no ~/.vim/colors on the old machine (and therefore not the new one),
but colors worked just fine on the new machine.

I finally used my old Windows technique to fix the problem -- I redownloaded
and reinstalled VO using install.sh, and it worked perfectly.

Except for one thing, which I'll discuss in the next email.

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 10:41 am, Steve Litt wrote:

> This listed a bunch of stuff, none of it vo related.

This means that the syntax/vo_base.vim did not get loaded. Can you, on
a new user, run the VO install script? If so, what was the result for that
user?

Noel