No confirmation box when closing with Alt-F4

No confirmation box when closing with Alt-F4

Marcel Korpel
Hello all!

I use GVim for general editing purposes as well as editing email (in
combination with Mutt). When using GVim 'stand-alone' (invoking it
directly using a button in my window manager), everything is Ok. But
when using GVim from within Mutt (invoking it through a shell script
which is started by Mutt), a strange error occurs.

Normally, I can exit GVim using Alt-F4. A confirmation box pops up,
asking whether I want to save the file or not. But when using Gvim
from within Mutt, no question is asked when pressing Alt-F4, the
window just closes and the last changes are not saved. Strangely
enough, when I press the close button GVim behaves normally.

How could this happen? Is this a bug in GVim? Or could it be related
with my window manager (though everything is Ok when starting GVim
from within a terminal window)?

I use Gentoo Linux with Vim 6.3.84, Mutt 1.5.8i and my window manager
is IceWM 1.2.21.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Marcel

Re: No confirmation box when closing with Alt-F4

Marcel Korpel
On 10/2/05, Marcel Korpel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Normally, I can exit GVim using Alt-F4. A confirmation box pops up,
> asking whether I want to save the file or not. But when using Gvim
> from within Mutt, no question is asked when pressing Alt-F4, the
> window just closes and the last changes are not saved. Strangely
> enough, when I press the close button GVim behaves normally.
In the terminal window I eventually got a segmentation fault. I
remembered the error popped up after I installed several plugins, and
by deleting them all one at a time, I discovered that it was Vimspell
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=465) that caused the
error (using 1.84, because the Gentoo-developers marked that version
as 'stable').

I will retry using 1.100, when I have sufficient time to test this one.

Regard,
Marcel