Numbered lists

Jean-Rene David-2
Just started using vimoutliner. Great idea.

What would be the easiest way to have items
automatically numbered and (obviously) re-numbered
when moved?

JR

Re: Numbered lists

Noel Henson
On Thursday 24 November 2005 05:56 am, Jean-Rene David wrote:
> Just started using vimoutliner. Great idea.
>
> What would be the easiest way to have items
> automatically numbered and (obviously) re-numbered
> when moved?
>
> Thanks,

What kind of numbering do you need? I don't number in any of my VO files.
When I need a numbered list, I ust otl2html.py to take care of that for me.

Noel

Re: Numbered lists

Stefan Schmiedl
Jean-Rene David (24.11. 08:56):

> Just started using vimoutliner. Great idea.
>
> What would be the easiest way to have items
> automatically numbered and (obviously) re-numbered
> when moved?

Hi Jean-Rene,

attached is a file I wrote about a year ago
and have not used since then.

HTH
s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

vo_numbers.vim (679 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Numbered lists

Jean-Rene David-2
* Noel Henson <[hidden email]>:
> What kind of numbering do you need?

1. todo list
   1.1 do this
   1.2 do that
2. tobuy list
   2.1 buy this
   2.2 buy that

> When I need a numbered list, I ust otl2html.py
> to take care of that for me.

That is indeed pretty nice.

But once you've piped you otl file, you can't work
with it anymore. So it's really a presentation
thing.

And hierarchical numbering would be nice.

I guess I'll do without for now. It's not a huge
deal.

Re: Numbered lists

Noel Henson
On Thursday 24 November 2005 07:10 am, Jean-Rene David wrote:
> That is indeed pretty nice.

To number items, just put a '+' at the beginning of a heading. A '-' will
make a bullet.

> But once you've piped you otl file, you can't work
> with it anymore. So it's really a presentation
> thing.

Yes. But you can always edit the original document.

> And hierarchical numbering would be nice.

Hmmm. That's a good idea.

Noel

Re: Numbered lists

Noel Henson
On Thursday 24 November 2005 07:02 am, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> Jean-Rene David (24.11. 08:56):
> > Just started using vimoutliner. Great idea.
> >
> > What would be the easiest way to have items
> > automatically numbered and (obviously) re-numbered
> > when moved?
>
> Hi Jean-Rene,
>
> attached is a file I wrote about a year ago
> and have not used since then.
>
> HTH
> s.

Why isn't this cool little script posted on the website?

Noel

Re: Numbered lists

Jean-Rene David-2
* Stefan Schmiedl <[hidden email]>:
> attached is a file I wrote about a year ago
> and have not used since then.

That looks like it could be pretty easily modified
to do hierarchical numbering too. Thanks!

Re: Numbered lists

Stefan Schmiedl
Noel Henson (24.11. 07:23):

> Why isn't this cool little script posted on the website?

Because I'm a lazy bastard. The Squeak mailing list (somewhat more
traffic) has a bunch of "Harvesters" whose sole job is to collect
snippets from the mailing list and integrate them into the image file.

s.
--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: Numbered lists

Stefan Schmiedl
Jean-Rene David (24.11. 10:34):

> * Stefan Schmiedl <[hidden email]>:
> > attached is a file I wrote about a year ago
> > and have not used since then.
>
> That looks like it could be pretty easily modified
> to do hierarchical numbering too. Thanks!

Then do it and make Noel happy by posting it to the website :-)

Regards,
s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl