OLs and MMs

Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz
>> I have to ask myself why someone would use "mind mapping" software over
>> VO. Are they visually oriented or something?

Mindmaps are art objects: memorable, colorful, expressive, suposedly using
many areas of the brain.  And slow to change, which is good if you want to
take your time, with lots of activity going on outside the piece of paper.
Also, you get a full picture, suposedly instantaneously.

Outlines are information structures easier to manipulate faster and further.
 I believe outline-authors may have images or sounds going on in their
brains; i.e., outside the outline, just like with mindmaps but differently.

http://www.fluwikie.com/pmwiki.php?n=Opinion.OutlineSummary

Lucas