[OT] Re: i want more, gimme * 3

adah
> As any developer knows, though, no program is ever done, only ever
> abandoned.

I know at least one program that is done: TeX, which is currently at
version 3.141592 :-).

Best regards,

Yongwei

Re: [OT] Re: i want more, gimme * 3

A.J.Mechelynck
[hidden email] wrote:

>> As any developer knows, though, no program is ever done, only ever
>> abandoned.
>
> I know at least one program that is done: TeX, which is currently at
> version 3.141592 :-).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Yongwei

Well, we can still be looking forward to version 3.1415926535, can't we?
;-)

Re: [OT] Re: i want more, gimme * 3

Dominic Evans
Well vim development will stop once the version number becomes too big
to fit in a 32-bit register. Then vim64 development will commence.

On 11/10/05, A. J. Mechelynck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> >> As any developer knows, though, no program is ever done, only ever
> >> abandoned.
> >
> > I know at least one program that is done: TeX, which is currently at
> > version 3.141592 :-).
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Yongwei
> >

> Well, we can still be looking forward to version 3.1415926535, can't we?
> ;-)
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.

Re: [OT] Re: i want more, gimme * 3

adah
A. J. Mechelynck wrote:

>>> As any developer knows, though, no program is ever done, only ever
>>> abandoned.
>>
>> I know at least one program that is done: TeX, which is currently at
>> version 3.141592 :-).
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Yongwei
>>
> Well, we can still be looking forward to version 3.1415926535, can't
> we?  ;-)

No one is looking forward to it, I suppose.  Very few bugs have been
found.  If you could bump the version number to 3.1415926535, you would
earn US$1310.72 (327.68 * 4) from Prof. Knuth.  His cheques are not that
easy to get.

Best regards,

Yongwei