[OT] using vim keybindings in seamonkey/mozilla

[OT] using vim keybindings in seamonkey/mozilla

James Oliver-2
Hi,

In the Vim tip #317 [0] someone once gave a hint on how to use the Vim
keybindings in the Mozilla Suite. Since some time this isn't working
any more, because there is no /res/builtin directory any more. Does
anybody have a hint on how the Vim keybindings can be configured at
the moment or does anybody know whether it's not possible at all any
more?

Thanks for your help,
James

[0] http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=317

Re: [OT] using vim keybindings in seamonkey/mozilla

Matthew Huggett
Hi,

There's a note here --
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#key_example -- about
userHTMLBindings.xml being moved from /res/builtin to the user's chrome
directory.  Have you looked in your chrome dir or tried creating that
file there?

Not exactly what you're looking for, but there is a keybindings plugin
for Firefox in case any Firefox users are wondering how to get vim
keybindings in Firefox.  (I just wish MS Word had modes and a way to set
up vim-style keybinds.  I keeping finding myself mindlessly hitting ESC
and typing j's and k's, etc., all over the place.)

http://www.calmar.ws/firefox/index.php#keyconfig