Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

12

Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

PencilBoy99
When I yank or delete a collapsed outline at level N (e.g., 5), and then
move it elsewhere with a paste, I end up with that outline pasted at level
N, not the current cursor position (e.g., I might want to make it a child of
say a level 2 outline, so it should now be 3.).  Is there a better/easier
way to do this?

Re: Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Stefan Schmiedl
GARY FURASH (02.09. 16:03):

> When I yank or delete a collapsed outline at level N (e.g., 5), and then
> move it elsewhere with a paste, I end up with that outline pasted at level
> N, not the current cursor position (e.g., I might want to make it a child of
> say a level 2 outline, so it should now be 3.).  Is there a better/easier
> way to do this?

Apart from the manual workaround (zc2<) it's what you get for making
a plain text editor edit structured files. vim just does not "know"
what you're intending to do. A more or less elaborate vimscript function
would be possible (it's just a matter of inserting/deleting leading tabs).

You'd need a separate keystroke for this, too, as you'd need to
distinguish this "move-inside-target" action from a normal "move"
operation where indentation is to be preserved.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Peter Princz
Gary,

On 03/09/06, GARY FURASH <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When I yank or delete a collapsed outline at level N (e.g., 5), and then
> move it elsewhere with a paste, I end up with that outline pasted at level
> N, not the current cursor position (e.g., I might want to make it a child of
> say a level 2 outline, so it should now be 3.).  Is there a better/easier
> way to do this?

I'm still afraid of the hoisting feature of vimoutliner, as it
corrupted/messed up my file once.
So I have a "hoisting/indent manipulation sandbox" within my outline
file, actually at the very end of it. It's really simple, looks like
this:

"...
Hoisting and indent manipulation
        // === Hoisting start ===
        // === Hoisting end ===
..."

Now, when I want to cut&paste a subtree, I simply don't paste it
straight into its destination, but to the above mentioned place first.
As another poster pointed out, it's very easy to change the
indentation level of it with a few keystrokes. And then I move it to
its destination in the second, final step.
Speed is not an issue: G takes me to the tail of the file, and a
previously dropped bookmark to the destination place.
Indent/outdent level calculation is easy if fdc is set to something
nonzero, I personally prefer 4. Then you can see the indent level
always.
Let me know if this explanation needs any further elaboration.

Have a nice day,
  Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Noel Henson
I think I can fix this. How about ,,p to place the 'y'anked lines as
children and ,,P to place them as siblings (ie. at the current level)?

Does that sound cogent?

Noel

On Saturday 02 September 2006 16:03, GARY FURASH wrote:

> When I yank or delete a collapsed outline at level N (e.g., 5), and then
> move it elsewhere with a paste, I end up with that outline pasted at
> level N, not the current cursor position (e.g., I might want to make it
> a child of say a level 2 outline, so it should now be 3.).  Is there a
> better/easier way to do this?

Re: Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Peter Princz
Noel,

On 03/09/06, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think I can fix this. How about ,,p to place the 'y'anked lines as
> children and ,,P to place them as siblings (ie. at the current level)?
>
> Does that sound cogent?
>
> Noel
>
> On Saturday 02 September 2006 16:03, GARY FURASH wrote:
> > When I yank or delete a collapsed outline at level N (e.g., 5), and then
> > move it elsewhere with a paste, I end up with that outline pasted at
> > level N, not the current cursor position (e.g., I might want to make it
> > a child of say a level 2 outline, so it should now be 3.).  Is there a
> > better/easier way to do this?

that would be nothing but great! What I wrote, is a workaround only,
but this would be The Solution. :)

However, the ,,p/,,P mapping pair would contradict to the p/P (and a
lot of others) mapping pair, i.e. putting after/before the cursor.
I'd either put it *always* as a sibling after (,,p) or before (,,P)
the element the cursor is on. Yes, then an extra indent would be
needed in some cases, when you want it as a child and not a sibling,
but at least it would be consistent with other vi mappings... :o

Have a nice day,
  Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Steve Litt
On Sunday 03 September 2006 09:47 am, Peter Princz wrote:

> I'm still afraid of the hoisting feature of vimoutliner, as it
> corrupted/messed up my file once.

Ditto.

> So I have a "hoisting/indent manipulation sandbox" within my outline
> file

I just don't use hoisting. ,,1 and then drilling down gives you pretty much
the same thing, and is safe. Yeah, drilling down is nice, but not essential.

Also, it's always possible that the need to hoist possibly implies a need to
create a suboutline and use interoutline linking.

SteveT

On Sunday 03 September 2006 10:41 am, Peter Princz wrote:

> Noel,
>
> On 03/09/06, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I think I can fix this. How about ,,p to place the 'y'anked lines as
> > children and ,,P to place them as siblings (ie. at the current level)?
> >
> > Does that sound cogent?
> >
> > Noel
> >
> > On Saturday 02 September 2006 16:03, GARY FURASH wrote:
> > > When I yank or delete a collapsed outline at level N (e.g., 5), and
> > > then move it elsewhere with a paste, I end up with that outline pasted
> > > at level N, not the current cursor position (e.g., I might want to make
> > > it a child of say a level 2 outline, so it should now be 3.).  Is there
> > > a better/easier way to do this?
>
> that would be nothing but great! What I wrote, is a workaround only,
> but this would be The Solution. :)
>
> However, the ,,p/,,P mapping pair would contradict to the p/P (and a
> lot of others) mapping pair, i.e. putting after/before the cursor.
> I'd either put it *always* as a sibling after (,,p) or before (,,P)
> the element the cursor is on. Yes, then an extra indent would be
> needed in some cases, when you want it as a child and not a sibling,
> but at least it would be consistent with other vi mappings... :o

Or, you could use a letter other than P to minimize the resemblance to Vim's
paste.

Or, you could always paste below and on the same level, but paste it folded,
so that if someone really wants to make it a child, a double angle bracket
wil do it.

Or howbout this: ,,P pastes above the current line, as a sibling, while ,,p
pastes below the current line, as a child.

SteveT

--
Steve Litt
Author:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm

(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.

Re: Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Noel Henson
I need to know how hoisting messed up your files. I'd like to fix it.
I use hoisting and haven't seen any problems.

Noel

On Sunday 03 September 2006 07:41, you wrote:

> Noel,
>
> On 03/09/06, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I think I can fix this. How about ,,p to place the 'y'anked lines as
> > children and ,,P to place them as siblings (ie. at the current level)?
> >
> > Does that sound cogent?
> >
> > Noel
> >
> > On Saturday 02 September 2006 16:03, GARY FURASH wrote:
> > > When I yank or delete a collapsed outline at level N (e.g., 5), and
> > > then move it elsewhere with a paste, I end up with that outline
> > > pasted at level N, not the current cursor position (e.g., I might
> > > want to make it a child of say a level 2 outline, so it should now
> > > be 3.).  Is there a better/easier way to do this?
>
> that would be nothing but great! What I wrote, is a workaround only,
> but this would be The Solution. :)
>
> However, the ,,p/,,P mapping pair would contradict to the p/P (and a
> lot of others) mapping pair, i.e. putting after/before the cursor.
> I'd either put it *always* as a sibling after (,,p) or before (,,P)
> the element the cursor is on. Yes, then an extra indent would be
> needed in some cases, when you want it as a child and not a sibling,
> but at least it would be consistent with other vi mappings... :o
>
> Have a nice day,
>   Peter

Good point. I'll see what I can do. Perhaps the <localleader>p and
<localleader>P can have a bit of intelligence so VO can try to put the
yanked lines in the correct place. If I can get it to work the way you (we)
want, it can even be mapped to 'p' and 'P'.

Noel

On Sunday 03 September 2006 11:51 am, Noel Henson wrote:
> I need to know how hoisting messed up your files. I'd like to fix it.
> I use hoisting and haven't seen any problems.
>
> Noel

Hi Noel,

I don't remember now, and it will be at least 2 weeks before I have time to
experiment. If I haven't told you in 2 weeks, please remind me.

Thanks

SteveT

Re: Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Peter Princz
Noel,

On 03/09/06, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need to know how hoisting messed up your files. I'd like to fix it.
> I use hoisting and haven't seen any problems.
>
> Noel
>
> On Sunday 03 September 2006 08:11, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Sunday 03 September 2006 09:47 am, Peter Princz wrote:
> > > I'm still afraid of the hoisting feature of vimoutliner, as it
> > > corrupted/messed up my file once.
> >
> > Ditto.
> >
> > > So I have a "hoisting/indent manipulation sandbox" within my outline
> > > file
> >
> > I just don't use hoisting. ,,1 and then drilling down gives you pretty
> > much the same thing, and is safe. Yeah, drilling down is nice, but not
> > essential.
> >
> > Also, it's always possible that the need to hoist possibly implies a
> > need to create a suboutline and use interoutline linking.
> >
> > SteveT

take it easy, it isn't that serious. Here is a use-case realisation I
just reproduced. As you'll see, in most of the inconveniences hoisting
per se cannot be blamed.

0. As I wrote earlier in several posts, I maintain a one-and-only,
huge outline file, that for the moment contains even it's own archive.
:o
I wanted to see at which point in time it grows to an unmanageable
size. Now it  has: 17999 lines, 88882 words, 730822 bytes.
It is password-protected, opening it takes almost one minute on my
computer, while processor is 100% busy, so I can't do anything but
drink my morning coffee while it opens. :)
(One of the outstanding tasks is to figure out how to archive it, so
to downsize it sometime the end of this year to approx. 300 kBytes, or
get a faster computer.)

1. I do hoisting. The cursor is blinking on the status line, no
indication it is waiting for a password. Took 30 minutes for the first
time to realise it. :)

2. The newly created hoisting file has wrong file type (not vo_base,
but outliner), wrong colorscheme, tabstop settings, foldcolumn, etc,
all of this despite the .otl extension. So the first minute goes away
to type password, and reshape the hoisted file to look like an .otl
should look like. :(

3. Upon exiting back to the main file, again, no notification it asks
for a password, just a blinking cursor. However, now it doesn't need
any password to open my file, which I think is a security hole: my
intention with hoisting would be to hide the surrounding of the item
from curious eye, even to hand over the keyboard and let a contributor
to work on the hoisted subtree. Az accidental :q wold bring him/her
back to my outline file, which I do not like.

4. The encryption of this huge file is again lot of time. Not an issue
once in the morning, but I can't have a cup of coffee after each
hoisting. :)

5. By accident, my outline file is placed on my Windows desktop at the
moment, (which will be changed soon), but still, the desktop gets
cluttered with icons of the log files, which I have to delete
manually. Again, a little extra overhead.

6. I can't see and track the changes made in the hoisting session in
:changes. One single :undo is rolling back the whole hoisting session,
which could be a good idea, however, it modifies the hoisting point
with its fingerprint that has to removed manually again. (e.g.
__hoist:vo_hoist.14789.20060903200225.otl)

So, because of all of these inconveniences, I yank/move the desired
leaf into the aforementioned hoisting/indent manipulation area at the
tail of the file, and do the wizardry there. Or simply write out part
of the file into an external and unencrypted one if I want to hand
over a leaf to a contributor.

Well, as I wrote above, most of these issues don't point to any
implementation error in hoisting. It's just more convenient for me not
to use this particular feature of vimoutliner, and fall back to
traditional vim features instead.
Right now I'm in the process of changing my job, so I'll get a new,
perhaps faster computer (maybe not even with Windows), will redesign
the folder structure around The Outline File, so most of the problems
I expect to vanish in two weeks.

Have a nice day,
  Peter

On Sunday 03 September 2006 11:20, you wrote:

> [...]
> with its fingerprint that has to removed manually again. (e.g.
> __hoist:vo_hoist.14789.20060903200225.otl)
>
> So, because of all of these inconveniences, I yank/move the desired
> leaf into the aforementioned hoisting/indent manipulation area at the
> tail of the file, and do the wizardry there. Or simply write out part
> of the file into an external and unencrypted one if I want to hand
> over a leaf to a contributor.
>
> Well, as I wrote above, most of these issues don't point to any
> implementation error in hoisting. It's just more convenient for me not
> to use this particular feature of vimoutliner, and fall back to
> traditional vim features instead.
> Right now I'm in the process of changing my job, so I'll get a new,
> perhaps faster computer (maybe not even with Windows), will redesign
> the folder structure around The Outline File, so most of the problems

Peter,

What is your hoistParanoia flag set to? If you set it to 0, you shouldn't
have a problem with needing to delete you files.

Also, you can edit the function MakeTempFilename in vo_hoist.vim from this:
return "vo_hoist.".a:line.strftime(".%Y%m%d%H%M%S").".otl"
to this:
return "\TEMP\vo_hoist.".a:line.strftime(".%Y%m%d%H%M%S").".otl"

and give that a try.

Let me know how it works for you.

Noel

Re: Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Peter Princz
Noel,

On 03/09/06, Noel Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> What is your hoistParanoia flag set to? If you set it to 0, you shouldn't
> have a problem with needing to delete you files.
>
> Also, you can edit the function MakeTempFilename in vo_hoist.vim from this:
> return "vo_hoist.".a:line.strftime(".%Y%m%d%H%M%S").".otl"
> to this:
> return "\TEMP\vo_hoist.".a:line.strftime(".%Y%m%d%H%M%S").".otl"
>
> and give that a try.
>
> Let me know how it works for you.
>
> Noel

my hoistParanoia is left at default, so it's set to 0. Still, the
files are there, as many files as much times I hoist. Note, I never
exit from the main outline file till the end of the working day. :)

I applied the patch on the file name generation, and it doesn't seem
to work: the files are still generated on the Desktop, only their name
starts with TEMP, even if I modify the prefix to:
- return "%TEMP%\vo_hoist.".a:line.strftime(".%Y%m%d%H%M%S").".otl
or
- return "$TEMP\vo_hoist.".a:line.strftime(".%Y%m%d%H%M%S").".otl

which would be the Windows and vim way of referring to env vars. :o
Moreover, exit from the hoist file in these two cases bails out to the
OS, not back to the original outline file, so I'm restoring it back.
:o

Have a nice day,
  Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Peter Princz
Noel,

now that after a long time I reproduced the whole issue stap-by-step,
I just realised I was too harsh with my two statements in the
correspondence, so let me apologise and clarify two things:

1. There was never any file corruption due to hoisting. In the cases
when I arrived to a dirty main outline file with hoisting timestamp in
it was actually when I thought it asks for a password upon returning
from the hoist file and started to type my password, while it was
actually only decrypting the file with the known key. When my password
contained 'u' it did an undo, and my hoisting seemed to disappear and
the hoisted leaf became contaminated with the timestemp. Nothing wrong
with that, user error.

2. There are extra files on the desktop, but not the actual hoisting
files. They are deleted correctly upon exit. There is at least one log
file left on the desktop.

The more I'm playing with hoisting, the less annoying issues remain, yes. :o

However, the length of decryption is an issue for me, tolerable once a
day, but not frequently. This alone can stop me using hoisting, even
it's emplemented correctly. However, the fact one can return to an
encrypted file without providing the password is the most serious
issue, I think.

Have a nice day,
  Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Encrypted outline: was Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Steve Litt
On Sunday 03 September 2006 02:20 pm, Peter Princz wrote:

> 0. As I wrote earlier in several posts, I maintain a one-and-only,
> huge outline file, that for the moment contains even it's own archive.
>
> :o
>
> I wanted to see at which point in time it grows to an unmanageable
> size. Now it  has: 17999 lines, 88882 words, 730822 bytes.
> It is password-protected, opening it takes almost one minute on my
> computer, while processor is 100% busy, so I can't do anything but
> drink my morning coffee while it opens. :)
> (One of the outstanding tasks is to figure out how to archive it, so
> to downsize it sometime the end of this year to approx. 300 kBytes, or
> get a faster computer.)
>
> 1. I do hoisting. The cursor is blinking on the status line, no
> indication it is waiting for a password. Took 30 minutes for the first
> time to realise it. :)

I'm wondering if you can find more convenient alternatives to this. Let's
start with these two questions:

1) Do all parts of this huge outline concern all other parts, or do some parts
not concern the others?

2) Do all parts of this huge outline need to be encrypted, or only some parts?

If the answer to both parts is "yes", consider making your master outline a
list of interoutline links (after we bring interoutline linking to Windows).
The leaf notes of my master outline are all interoutline links, and it works
fantastically. Under such a scenario, those suboutlines requiring encryption
could be left open.

Better yet, how about doing something so that your entire hard drive is
incrypted. I think such things exist in Linux, so perhaps they exist in
Windows too.

You mention getting a faster computer. How fast is your current processor, how
much RAM do you have, and what is your current Windows version?

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm

Re: Encrypted outline: was Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Peter Princz
Steve,

please find my comments inline.

On 03/09/06, Steve Litt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm wondering if you can find more convenient alternatives to this. Let's
> start with these two questions:
>
> 1) Do all parts of this huge outline concern all other parts, or do some parts
> not concern the others?

Yes, they concern. I call it my BrainDump. It's a huge todo list with
all the projects (be it professional or private life related) running
in parallel. It also contains my Diary. A calendar day is a set of
pointers to tasks in the ToDo list.

> 2) Do all parts of this huge outline need to be encrypted, or only some parts?

I feel myself safer if it's only one file and that is encrypted. I
gave a try to :Calendar, but found it dufficult to have the calendar
days in separate files.

> If the answer to both parts is "yes", consider making your master outline a
> list of interoutline links (after we bring interoutline linking to Windows).

Good idea, will do that. My understanding is there is no interoutline
linking on Windows. I'll have a new employer in two weeks, maybe I'll
migrate to a linux box. In that case this also will be on my agenda.

> The leaf notes of my master outline are all interoutline links, and it works
> fantastically. Under such a scenario, those suboutlines requiring encryption
> could be left open.

I see! Good!

> Better yet, how about doing something so that your entire hard drive is
> incrypted. I think such things exist in Linux, so perhaps they exist in
> Windows too.

Yes, it's even corporate standard here recently, however, my computer
is a bit old, and it hasn't been retrofitted with the hdd-encryption.
I'll leave it as it is for the remaining two weeks.

> You mention getting a faster computer. How fast is your current processor, how
> much RAM do you have, and what is your current Windows version?

It has a 2GHz Intel processor with 1 GB RAM and is 3 years old. It was
strong at that time, nowadays would qualify for an office-thingy only,
I bet. :o
The OS is Windows2000 Prof. SP4.

Now I did a real measurement on the decryption time, and it's actually
35 seconds, not 1 minute, as I wrote. Strange, it seems a minute.

Please find a more detailed excerpt from the system info below:
System Information report written at: 2006-09-04 11:02:30
[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Compaq
System Model Evo N610c DD502A
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~1993 Mhz
BIOS Version EPP runtime BIOS - Version 1.1
Total Physical Memory 1 047 920 KB
Available Physical Memory 521 196 KB
Total Virtual Memory 3 019 588 KB
Available Virtual Memory 2 041 220 KB
Page File Space 1 971 668 KB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

> SteveT

Have a nice day,
  Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: Encrypted outline: was Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Stefan Schmiedl
Peter Princz (04.09. 11:09):

> Good idea, will do that. My understanding is there is no interoutline
> linking on Windows. I'll have a new employer in two weeks, maybe I'll
> migrate to a linux box. In that case this also will be on my agenda.

To be precise, both inter- and intra-linking work on windows,
if you provide the tag file vim needs for this.

The "linux way" of doing this is by either using ctags or a perl script,
both almost considered to be standard system tools there. No such thing
(yet) on Windows. You *could* install a perl executable or
exuberant-ctags on your windows box and have them keep your outline
links up to date.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

On Monday 04 September 2006 08:21 am, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> Peter Princz (04.09. 11:09):
> > Good idea, will do that. My understanding is there is no interoutline
> > linking on Windows. I'll have a new employer in two weeks, maybe I'll
> > migrate to a linux box. In that case this also will be on my agenda.
>
> To be precise, both inter- and intra-linking work on windows,
> if you provide the tag file vim needs for this.

Stefan,

Have you found a way to implement intra-linking? If so, will it work on Linux?
Is it compatible with the VimOutliner-distributed method?

> The "linux way" of doing this is by either using ctags or a perl script,
> both almost considered to be standard system tools there. No such thing
> (yet) on Windows. You *could* install a perl executable or
> exuberant-ctags on your windows box and have them keep your outline
> links up to date.
>
> s.

Is there a different way that doesn't involve Ctags? I seem to remember
somebody doing something like that, but wasn't aware it was actually
implemented.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:

On 04/09/06, Stefan Schmiedl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Peter Princz (04.09. 11:09):
>
> > Good idea, will do that. My understanding is there is no interoutline
> > linking on Windows. I'll have a new employer in two weeks, maybe I'll
> > migrate to a linux box. In that case this also will be on my agenda.
>
> To be precise, both inter- and intra-linking work on windows,
> if you provide the tag file vim needs for this.
>
> The "linux way" of doing this is by either using ctags or a perl script,
> both almost considered to be standard system tools there. No such thing
> (yet) on Windows. You *could* install a perl executable or
> exuberant-ctags on your windows box and have them keep your outline
> links up to date.
>
> s.

in that case I'm fully equipped for linking outline files, because I
do have exuberant ctags installed on my PC and it works fine.
Shame on me, I've just put it aside in the belief it's not supported on Windows.

Have a nice day,
  Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: Encrypted outline: was Obvious but don't get it: how do I move outline at N+1 to N

Stefan Schmiedl
Steve Litt (04.09. 08:34):

> On Monday 04 September 2006 08:21 am, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> > Peter Princz (04.09. 11:09):
> > > Good idea, will do that. My understanding is there is no interoutline
> > > linking on Windows. I'll have a new employer in two weeks, maybe I'll
> > > migrate to a linux box. In that case this also will be on my agenda.
> >
> > To be precise, both inter- and intra-linking work on windows,
> > if you provide the tag file vim needs for this.
>
> Stefan,
>
> Have you found a way to implement intra-linking? If so, will it work
> on Linux?  Is it compatible with the VimOutliner-distributed method?

I have not "found a way", and I'm boldly claiming things I have not
tried out, but: linking is implemented via tags, which in turn are
ususally based on either line numbers or regular expressions. So I see
no reason why they should not work inside a single file.

> > The "linux way" of doing this is by either using ctags or a perl script,
> > both almost considered to be standard system tools there. No such thing
> > (yet) on Windows. You *could* install a perl executable or
> > exuberant-ctags on your windows box and have them keep your outline
> > links up to date.
> >
> > s.
>
> Is there a different way that doesn't involve Ctags? I seem to remember
> somebody doing something like that, but wasn't aware it was actually
> implemented.

IIRC we talked about creating tag entries via vimscript, ie. without
additional tools, but at least on my side nothing more happened ...
much too busy here.

s.
12