Old archives of this list???

Matej Cepl
Hi, Noel,

just a question -- do we have somewhere available archives of this list
before www.vimoutliner.org came into being? And if they are somewhere,
would it be possible to download them to gmane.org
<http://gmane.org/import.php>, please?

I am cleaning our apartment and I am not quite sure, whether we actually
every made a list (outline? :-)) of all the capabilities of MaxThink, we
would love to have in VO. I am sure there was some discussion about this,
but I cannot find it either on gmane.org, nor with google ("maxthink
site:vimoutliner.org").

Do you remember it?

                Matej
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

I am a Roman Catholic, so that I do not expect `history' to be
anything but a `long defeat' -- though it contains (and in
a legend may contain more clearly and movingly) some samples or
glimpses of final victory.
      -- J.R.R. Tolkien

Re: Old archives of this list???

Noel Henson
On Friday 17 June 2005 11:14 am, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Do you remember it?

I'll send you what I have OOB. I don't have time just now to rifle through
my CDROM backups.

Noel

Re: Old archives of this list???

Stefan Schmiedl
Noel Henson (17.06. 12:53):

> On Friday 17 June 2005 11:14 am, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > Do you remember it?
>
> I'll send you what I have OOB. I don't have time just now to rifle through
> my CDROM backups.

fwiw, I have about 50 msgs with maxthink in the body here on disk.
yell if you want them.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: Old archives of this list???

Matej Cepl
Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> fwiw, I have about 50 msgs with maxthink in the body here on disk.
> yell if you want them.

a) How do you yell in email? Let's try
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
b) It would be much better if there are old archives of the VO list to
import them into gmane.org <http://gmane.org/import.php> (One huge mbox or
MH style mailboxes are OK). So the question remains -- does anybody have
these archives?

Thanks,

        Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

There is no reason to suppose that most human beings are engaged
in maximizing anything unless it be unhappiness, and even this
with incomplete success.
    -- Ronald Coase
       Introduction to ``The Firm, the Market, and the Law''

Re: Re: Old archives of this list???

Noel Henson
On Friday 17 June 2005 05:40 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> a) How do you yell in email? Let's try
> YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
> b) It would be much better if there are old archives of the VO list to
> import them into gmane.org <http://gmane.org/import.php> (One huge mbox
> or MH style mailboxes are OK). So the question remains -- does anybody
> have these archives?

Don't be a sissy. Just kidding. I'll see if I can round them up for you
this weekend.

Noel

Re: Re: Old archives of this list???

Steve Litt
On Friday 17 June 2005 10:42 pm, Noel Henson wrote:

> On Friday 17 June 2005 05:40 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > a) How do you yell in email? Let's try
> > YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
> > b) It would be much better if there are old archives of the VO list to
> > import them into gmane.org <http://gmane.org/import.php> (One huge mbox
> > or MH style mailboxes are OK). So the question remains -- does anybody
> > have these archives?
>
> Don't be a sissy. Just kidding. I'll see if I can round them up for you
> this weekend.
>
> Noel

If that doesn't work, I have a single mbox file of the VO list going back to
10/29/2002. It's my kmail mbox. I don't guarantee it has every single post,
because from time to time I had technical difficulties, but if U need it, I
can post it on the web some place and you can grab it. It's 13MB.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Steve Litt wrote:
> U need it, I can post it on the web some place and you can grab it.

Noel, can I do it instead of you (it should be probably done by the
administrator of the list)?

> It's 13MB.

Before or after gzipping?

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge
block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look
like an elephant.

Re: Re: Re: Old archives of this list???

Stefan Schmiedl
Matej Cepl (18.06. 00:27):

> Steve Litt wrote:
> > U need it, I can post it on the web some place and you can grab it.
>
> Noel, can I do it instead of you (it should be probably done by the
> administrator of the list)?
>
> > It's 13MB.
>
> Before or after gzipping?

mine is about 11MB before zipping and the maxthink thingie is on its way
(slow upload)

s.

> Matej
>
> --
> Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/
> GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC
> 138 Highland Ave. #10, Somerville, Ma 02143, (617) 623-1488
>
> A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge
> block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look
> like an elephant.

Stefan Schmiedl

On Saturday 18 June 2005 12:27 am, Matej Cepl wrote:

> Steve Litt wrote:
> > U need it, I can post it on the web some place and you can grab it.
>
> Noel, can I do it instead of you (it should be probably done by the
> administrator of the list)?
>
> > It's 13MB.
>
> Before or after gzipping?
>
> Matej

B4.

Once again, it will probably be missing some posts. I remember I was down for
about 2 days with a blown hard drive. There were other incidents. And there
was a period of a month or so where I thought I was subscribed to the VO
list, but I really wasn't so I didn't get messages. All that stuff I missed
is absent from this mbox file.

On Friday 17 June 2005 09:27 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Steve Litt wrote:
> > U need it, I can post it on the web some place and you can grab it.
>
> Noel, can I do it instead of you (it should be probably done by the
> administrator of the list)?

I don't understand the question. I'm the administrator of the list.

Noel Henson wrote:
>> Noel, can I do it instead of you (it should be probably done by the
>> administrator of the list)?
>
> I don't understand the question. I'm the administrator of the list.

Yes, that's the reason why I do ask for permission to do it.

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

This message has been composed of recycled electrons. None of
these electrons has been harmed or injured in the creation and
transmission of this message but they have been shamelessly
exploited for this use.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Old archives of this list???

Noel Henson
> Yes, that's the reason why I do ask for permission to do it.
>
> Matej

Sure. Go ahead. :)

Noel

Noel Henson wrote:
> Sure. Go ahead. :)

So, can I ask everybody involved (you, Noel, Steve, and Stefan) to post
somewhere their archives, please? I will combine and remove duplicates
(mutt for rescue! or maybe formail?) and then post the result to gmane.org.

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

I went to a Grateful Dead Concert and they played for SEVEN
hours.  Great song.
    -- Fred Reuss

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Old archives of this list???

Stefan Schmiedl
Here is mine.

I have no idea how to quickly combine the different archives.

s.

Matej Cepl (18.06. 20:15):

> Noel Henson wrote:
> > Sure. Go ahead. :)
>
> So, can I ask everybody involved (you, Noel, Steve, and Stefan) to post
> somewhere their archives, please? I will combine and remove duplicates
> (mutt for rescue! or maybe formail?) and then post the result to gmane.org.
>
> Matej
>
> --
> Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/
> GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC
> 138 Highland Ave. #10, Somerville, Ma 02143, (617) 623-1488
>
> I went to a Grateful Dead Concert and they played for SEVEN
> hours.  Great song.
>     -- Fred Reuss

Stefan Schmiedl
|Approximity GmbH               | EDV-Beratung Schmiedl                  |
|http://www.approximity.com     | Am Bräuweiher 4, 93499 Zandt, Germany  |
|mailto:[hidden email]  | Tel. (09944) 3068-98, Fax -97          |

vimoutliner.gz (59K) Download Attachment

On Saturday 18 June 2005 08:15 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Noel Henson wrote:
> > Sure. Go ahead. :)
>
> So, can I ask everybody involved (you, Noel, Steve, and Stefan) to post
> somewhere their archives, please? I will combine and remove duplicates
> (mutt for rescue! or maybe formail?) and then post the result to gmane.org.
>
> Matej

Mine will be at http://www.a3b3.com/vo_arch.tgz. Right now it's 9:26 Eastern
US time. The upload will be complete by 10:30 eastern time.

Please let me know when you've captured it so you can wipe it out.

The good thing about my archive is it contains all the way back to 10/29/2002.
Perhaps I could find some of the communications between you and me, Noel and
me, and the three of us from before when we had a real mailing list. For
instance your "is it officially dead" email to me, which set the ball rolling
for a post 0.1.3 version.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Old archives of this list???

Steve Litt
On Saturday 18 June 2005 08:15 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Noel Henson wrote:
> > Sure. Go ahead. :)
>
> So, can I ask everybody involved (you, Noel, Steve, and Stefan) to post
> somewhere their archives, please? I will combine and remove duplicates
> (mutt for rescue! or maybe formail?) and then post the result to gmane.org.
>
> Matej

Hi Matej,

In my 2001 and 2002 in boxes I found a treasure trove of emails from both you
and Noel concerning VO, or in Noel's case the predecessor of VO, the article
on using Vim6 as an outliner. It's Fathers day so I can't do much today, but
some time next week perhaps I can forward those to you.

Steve Litt wrote:
> Mine will be at http://www.a3b3.com/vo_arch.tgz. Right now it's 9:26
> Eastern US time. The upload will be complete by 10:30 eastern time.
>
> Please let me know when you've captured it so you can wipe it out.

Thanks, I've got it.

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

If Patrick Henry thought that taxation without representation was
bad, he should see how bad it is with representation.