Open fold when using vim +N file.ext

David Woodfall
I'm using an autocmd to unfold lines under the cursor when I open a
file:

autocmd BufReadPost * normal zv

But it doesn't work when opening a file via a line number (vim +N). Is
there a way to get that to work?

My foldopen is:

block,hor,mark,percent,quickfix,search,tag,undo,jump

Re: Open fold when using vim +N file.ext

David Woodfall
On Friday 30 March 2018 16:32,
Dave Woodfall <[hidden email]> put forth the proposition:

>I'm using an autocmd to unfold lines under the cursor when I open a
>file:
>
>autocmd BufReadPost * normal zv
>
>But it doesn't work when opening a file via a line number (vim +N). Is
>there a way to get that to work?
>
>My foldopen is:
>
>block,hor,mark,percent,quickfix,search,tag,undo,jump

Well I've kind of found a hacky workaround:

vim() {
  /usr/bin/vim $@ +"normal zv"
}

in my zshrc. I'd like to know if there's a proper way though.

Re: Open fold when using vim +N file.ext

Christian Brabandt

On Fr, 30 Mär 2018, David Woodfall wrote:

> I'm using an autocmd to unfold lines under the cursor when I open a
> file:
>
> autocmd BufReadPost * normal zv
>
> But it doesn't work when opening a file via a line number (vim +N). Is
> there a way to get that to work?

Have you tried `:autocmd VimEnter * norm! zv`?

Best,
Christian
--
Wenn die Katze ein Pferd wäre, könnte man die Bäume hinaufreiten.
                -- Rolf Miller

Re: Open fold when using vim +N file.ext

David Woodfall
On Sunday 1 April 2018 13:19,
Christian Brabandt <[hidden email]> put forth the proposition:

>On Fr, 30 Mär 2018, David Woodfall wrote:
>
>> I'm using an autocmd to unfold lines under the cursor when I open a
>> file:
>>
>> autocmd BufReadPost * normal zv
>>
>> But it doesn't work when opening a file via a line number (vim +N). Is
>> there a way to get that to work?
>
>Have you tried `:autocmd VimEnter * norm! zv`?
>
>Best,
>Christian
>--
>Wenn die Katze ein Pferd wäre, könnte man die Bäume hinaufreiten.
> -- Rolf Miller

No luck there I'm afraid.