Open terminal at the bottom

Cesar Romani-2
I'm using vim 8.0.1226 on Windows 7.
When I open a terminal with :terminal it usually opens at the top of the
window. How can I open it at the bottom?

Many thanks in advance,

--
Cesar

Re: Open terminal at the bottom

Wolf Bogacz
You should investigate help for the window sizing and positions settings.

:he terminal

see the paragraphs about settings for t_WP (for postion) and t_WS (for size).

On 27/10/2017 01:43 p.m., Wolf Bogacz wrote:
 > You should investigate help for the window sizing and positions
 > settings.
 >
 > :he terminal
 >
 > see the paragraphs about settings for t_WP (for postion) and t_WS (for
 > size).

There is nothing about t_WP and t_WS under :he terminal

Re: Open terminal at the bottom

Christian Brabandt

On Fr, 27 Okt 2017, Cesar Romani wrote:

> I'm using vim 8.0.1226 on Windows 7.
> When I open a terminal with :terminal it usually opens at the top of the
> window. How can I open it at the bottom?

:h :botright

Christian
--
Die Arbeit ist ein Vergnügen, das als Widerspiel schlecht anfängt und
dann immer mehr erfreuet und das am Ende gerade zu allen andern

Cesar Romani wrote:

> I'm using vim 8.0.1226 on Windows 7.
> When I open a terminal with :terminal it usually opens at the top of the
> window. How can I open it at the bottom?

        :bottom terminal

Short:
        :bo ter

(which happens to be the Dutch word for Butter :-)

--
The war between Emacs and Vi is over.  Vi has won with 3 to 1.
http://m.linuxjournal.com/files/linuxjournal.com/linuxjournal/articles/030/3044/3044s1.html

On 27/10/2017 03:15 p.m., Bram Moolenaar wrote:

 > Cesar Romani wrote:
 >
 >> I'm using vim 8.0.1226 on Windows 7.
 >> When I open a terminal with :terminal it usually opens at the top of the
 >> window. How can I open it at the bottom?
 >
 > :bottom terminal
 >
 > Short:
 > :bo ter
 >
 > (which happens to be the Dutch word for Butter :-)

Bedankt Bram en Christian

--
Cesar