Opening file as arbitrary type

Ven Tadipatri
Hi,
   I'm trying to open a nar file with vim. When I open zip files, vim
gives me a nice view of all the files, where I can view any of the
entries in the zip file. Is there some way I can give a command line
argument to vim to tell it to treat file foo.bar as a zip file? After
opening up the nar file, I tried doing :set filetype=zip, but that
didn't work either. Is there some command I can issue after the file
is opened to treat the buffer contents as a viewable zip file?

Thanks,
Ven

Re: Opening file as arbitrary type

Frank Shute
Looks like it's basically a zip archive of photos. See:

:h zip-extension

for how to make vim unzip the archive.

On 11 August 2016 at 19:04, Ven Tadipatri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I'm trying to open a nar file with vim. When I open zip files, vim
> gives me a nice view of all the files, where I can view any of the
> entries in the zip file. Is there some way I can give a command line
> argument to vim to tell it to treat file foo.bar as a zip file? After
> opening up the nar file, I tried doing :set filetype=zip, but that
> didn't work either. Is there some command I can issue after the file
> is opened to treat the buffer contents as a viewable zip file?
>
> Thanks,
> Ven

> ---

Frank