Printing error: "PostScript file conversion failed."

Printing error: "PostScript file conversion failed."

Jon Levy
I have been using MacVim for years, but just started getting an error on printing.  Typically, a print command from MacVim opens a Preview window containing the document (to be printed from that preview window).  Now, I am getting the preview-window error message, "PostScript file conversion failed," and the document does not appear.

This is not affected by (1) removing my .vimrc and .vim configuration, or (2) the recommended command 'defaults delete org.vim.MacVim'.  I am using macOS 10.14.1, and MacVim 8.1.280 (151), installed through Homebrew.

Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance!

Re: Printing error: "PostScript file conversion failed."

Yee Cheng Chin-2
I wasn't able to reproduce this. Does this happen for any file with or without syntax? Does printing a one-line file without syntax work? MacVim actually doesn't do much other than passing the PostScript file generated by Vim to Preview, but you could do ":hardcopy > ~/testhardcopy.ps" and open that manually in Preview or other programs to see if it works.

Also, the latest version is 153 and I believe the official Homebrew formula has been updated as well. You may want to update and see if it fixes the issue.