Printing with utf-8 characters on Windows

Printing with utf-8 characters on Windows

Đức Minh Thái
Hello,
I cannot get utf-8 characters printed correctly. For example:

bột

becomes

bá»™t
My printing options are:

set printfont=LMMono10:h10 " This is the LMMono from LaTeX Latin Modern
set printoptions=number:y
set printencoding=ucs-2le bomb

Please help. Thank you!

Re: Printing with utf-8 characters on Windows

Tony Mechelynck
On 20/12/09 17:36, Đức Minh Thái wrote:

> Hello,
> I cannot get utf-8 characters printed correctly. For example:
> bột
> becomes
> bá»™t
> My printing options are:
> set printfont=LMMono10:h10 " This is the LMMono from LaTeX Latin Modern
> set printoptions=number:y
> set printencoding=ucs-2le bomb
> Please help. Thank you!

After reading about half of this thread, I have the following remarks:

- I haven't succeeded to print "full-Unicode" text with :hardcopy. When
I have a file with some exotic characters in it (Hebrew, maybe, or
Chinese, embedded in French text), I write it to disk as a *.txt file
(in UTF-8 with BOM), then print it in my browser.

- IIUC, valid 'printencoding' values are those for which there is a
PostScript conversion file in $VIMRUNTIME/print/ -- anything else is
treated as Latin1, including UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-16le, UTF-32 and UTF-32le.

- Most gvim versions for Windows are built with +printer but
-postscript. In that case, according to its help, the 'printencoding'
option is not supported.

GALAHAD:   Camelot ...
LAUNCELOT: Camelot ...
GAWAIN:    It's only a model.