Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl

Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl

Federico Calboli
Hi All,

I am using the latest snapshot and Vundle to manage my plugins.  Today I did a :BunldUpate and all the updates failed because:

fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/gmarik/vundle.git/': Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl

> fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/vim-scripts/Vim-R-plugin.git/': Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl

etc.  I am using OS 10.10.2, and the OS supplied curl.

curl --version
curl 7.37.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.0) libcurl/7.37.1 SecureTransport zlib/1.2.5
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz

Is this a OSX curl related problem or what else could be going on?