Questions about colors/tools/check_colors.vim

Questions about colors/tools/check_colors.vim

Lifepillar-2
Currently, colors/tools/check_colors.vim prints warnings when

1. one of the checked highlight groups is defined with `hi link` instead of `hi`;
2. a hi command defines guifg but not ctermfg or vice versa.

For instance, I get warnings for

    hi! link ColorColumn SomethingElse

Is this intended, i.e., is that to be taken as a recommendation not to link those groups?

I also get warnings for something like:

    if (has('termguicolors') && &termguicolors) || has('gui_running’)
      " Define only GUI colors
      hi DiffAdd guifg=#abb96e guibg=#5f5f61 guisp=NONE gui=reverse cterm=reverse
      " …
    else
      " Define only terminal colors
      hi DiffAdd ctermfg=143 ctermbg=59 cterm=reverse
    endif

In this case, I think that the script is too strict and the check at lines 48-50 should be removed.

Finally, I’d like to send a patch for that script: where should I send it?

Thanks,
Life.

Re: Questions about colors/tools/check_colors.vim

Tony Mechelynck
On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:38 PM 'Lifepillar' via vim_use
<[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]
> Finally, I’d like to send a patch for that script: where should I send it?
>
> Thanks,
> Life.

To the vim_dev group, [hidden email] (or as a pull request
to github, which will be mirrored on the vim_dev group by the list
robot).