Quickfix window: Hide full paths?

Nate
Hello all,

I would like to be able to hide /really/really/really/long/file/paths/ from
my quick fix results.

I found this post from 2009:

I figured I would ask again

Does anyone have recommendations which do not require compiling Vim?

Thanks,
--Nate

Re: Quickfix window: Hide full paths?

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi,

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 8:43 AM Nathan Neff <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I would like to be able to hide /really/really/really/long/file/paths/ from
my quick fix results.

I found this post from 2009:

I figured I would ask again

Does anyone have recommendations which do not require compiling Vim?

The PR #5465 (https://github.com/vim/vim/pull/5465) is created to address this.
This is not yet merged.

- Yegappan

Re: Quickfix window: Hide full paths?

Gary Johnson-4
On 2020-05-08, Nathan Neff wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to be able to hide /really/really/really/long/file/paths/ from
> my quick fix results.
>
> I found this post from 2009:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/vim_use/fLhZySx3IUA/qO90VGcVhGUJ;
> context-place=forum/vim_use (actually, I'm one of the responders there too :-)
>
> I figured I would ask again
>
> Does anyone have recommendations which do not require compiling Vim?

I use a couple of plugins (ftplugin and syntax) that search the
quickfix list for the longest common prefix and use the conceal
feature to display that as ellipses.

Regards,
Gary

Re: Quickfix window: Hide full paths?