RE: listing methods of Java class - intellisense only partially working

RE: listing methods of Java class - intellisense only partially working

Bouckaert, Hugo
Hi

Thanks for the tip. I went to the location you list below and installed
the intellisense exe. It works very nice for some classes, but not for
others. For example:

String s = new String()
s.

I wait after inserting the . (dot) and yes, this pops up the methods of
String. Great!

However, If I do this:

ArrayList a = new ArrayList();
a.

And wait after the . (dot), nothing happens at all i.e. no popup list
comes up ever.

The other (minor) problem is that if there is a method with input
parameters, they are not returned

Eg if I do this:

String s = new String()
s.

Then, from the popup list choose indexOf(int)

It returns

s.indexOf

not

s.indexOf(int)

I have the following message in my error log from intellisense:

"Gacutil.exe is not in path. Error in installaing C# Intellisense
plugin. Add gacutil.exe in path and then run reg.bat in the current
directory!"
"Regasm is not in path. Error in installaing C# Intellisense plugin. Add
regasm in path and then run reg.bat in the current directory!"

But these don't seem to have to do anything with Java - and it is Java
and sql I am really interested in.

Why don't I get a popup for many of the classes such as ArrayList etc?

Perhaps I have to reset my JavaDoc path - maybe something went wrong
there? How can this be done post-installation?

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hugo

RE: listing methods of Java class - intellisense only partially working

David Fishburn

> ArrayList a = new ArrayList();
> a.

I notice this produces:
%TEMP%\VimHelperErr.txt

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at insen.MemberLister.list(MemberLister.java:96)
        at insen.VimHelper.genList(VimHelper.java:314)

I will send a note to the author, but you can also log bug reports at the
website:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/insenvim

> It returns
>      s.indexOf
> not
>      s.indexOf(int)

Right, when you type the (, it should show the tooltips for the parameters.

> I have the following message in my error log from intellisense:
>
> "Gacutil.exe is not in path. Error in installaing C#
> Intellisense plugin. Add gacutil.exe in path and then run
> reg.bat in the current directory!"
>
> But these don't seem to have to do anything with Java - and
> it is Java and sql I am really interested in.

Then you can remove these files:
$VIM\Intellisense\csft.dll
$VIM\vimfiles\ftplugin\cs_vis.vim

HTH,