Re: Is anyone else getting resonses from eBay??? [was FW: Key counter (KMM38520890V74151L0KM)]

Re: Is anyone else getting resonses from eBay??? [was FW: Key counter (KMM38520890V74151L0KM)]

A.J.Mechelynck

Re: Is anyone else getting resonses from eBay??? [was FW: Key counter (KMM38520890V74151L0KM)]

Bruce Mellows
Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Mellows"
> <[hidden email]>

When your 'ISP' is an NSP, then you may say that you do not have an ISP.

That aside, can we organise a probe to find out which delivery address
is generating the daum responses or not ? As I said before, I would
gladly do the probing, but I am comfortable with people not being
comfortable with some unknown (me) doing it.

Re: Is anyone else getting resonses from eBay??? [was FW: Key counter (KMM38520890V74151L0KM)]

A.J.Mechelynck
> That aside, can we organise a probe to find out which delivery address is
> generating the daum responses or not ? As I said before, I would gladly do
> the probing, but I am comfortable with people not being comfortable with
> some unknown (me) doing it.

IIUC, you would have to send a different individual probe-email to every
vim-list subscriber, in order to know which receiving address triggerred
what response. If you know where and how to get the list, I would say go
ahead, but maybe other people think otherwise.

Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> IIUC, you would have to send a different individual probe-email to every
> vim-list subscriber, in order to know which receiving address triggerred
> what response. If you know where and how to get the list, I would say go
> ahead, but maybe other people think otherwise.

Exactly, and therein lies the rub, while I could probe those that have
participated on the list for some time, this would be meaningless spam
(unless we are very lucky), the cause probably subscribed, and has never
posted, then let their Daum account lapse.

So can anyone get this list and do the probe, or perhaps it would just
be easier to find someone else to host the list, who is not as snowed
under as the good people of Freie Universitaet Berlin.