Re: Meta: How to read this forum/board now that Google Groups is busted

Re: Meta: How to read this forum/board now that Google Groups is busted

Eric Weir-2

On Aug 22, 2020, at 1:25 PM, 'Ottavio Caruso' via vim_use <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 18:02, 'J S' via vim_use
<[hidden email]> wrote:

Are there any alternatives for reading this forum?

Can you not read it in a mail client, like most of us do?

P.S.  Be sure to CC to my email any response on this thread, as (obviously) I won't otherwise be able to read them.

Which one? I can't see it. (EDIT: I had to wade into the headers to find it).

I take it you’re asking about which email client. The answer is any. Whatever’s in you application folder, or that you may choose to install. You have to set up you accounts within whatever client you choose.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA

"It has all been combustion.”

- W.G.  Sebald

Re: Meta: How to read this forum/board now that Google Groups is busted

Ottavio Caruso
On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 22:40, Eric Weir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2020, at 1:25 PM, 'Ottavio Caruso' via vim_use <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 18:02, 'J S' via vim_use
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Are there any alternatives for reading this forum?
>

> Can you not read it in a mail client, like most of us do?
>
> P.S.  Be sure to CC to my email any response on this thread, as (obviously) I won't otherwise be able to read them.
>

> Which one? I can't see it. (EDIT: I had to wade into the headers to find it).

No, I meant which email address. The google forum interface strips the
OP's email address and replaces it with a custom email address. But
it's visible in the headers.

--
Ottavio Caruso

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.