Re: Resp.: Help needed on pt_BR spell checking

Re: Resp.: Help needed on pt_BR spell checking

Leonardo Fontenelle

Any news?

The dictionary wasn't updated since your e-mail, and the last pt_PT
dict was released July 9 (just refetch the -latest zip file).

Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org

2007/6/7, Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]>:

> > > I'll rebuild the spell file with the new dictionary.  Hopefully I can
> > > upload them later today.
> >
> > The same URL now contaions an updated dictionary, with a REAME.txt. It
> > can also be written as:
> >
> > http://www.deso-se.com.br/downloads/pt_BR-2007-04-11.zip
> >
> > Which is much nicer :)
>
> I'll add a note in my todo list.  I'm still working away a big backlog
> of email...
>
> --
> In Joseph Heller's novel "Catch-22", the main character tries to get out of a
> war by proving he is crazy.  But the mere fact he wants to get out of the war
> only shows he isn't crazy -- creating the original "Catch-22".
>
>  /// Bram Moolenaar -- [hidden email] -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
> ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
> \\\        download, build and distribute -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///
>  \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///

Re: Resp.: Help needed on pt_BR spell checking

Bram Moolenaar

Leonardo -

> Any news?
>
> The dictionary wasn't updated since your e-mail, and the last pt_PT
> dict was released July 9 (just refetch the -latest zip file).

You're in twelfth place in my todo list :-).

- Bram

52. You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
    your computer with a toilet.

Re: Resp.: Help needed on pt_BR spell checking

Tony Mechelynck

Bram Moolenaar wrote:
[...]
> You're in twelfth place in my todo list :-).
>
> - Bram

Talking of todo lists, is the following item on it?

- In the GUI, when using a multi-byte 'encoding' use glyphs for any codepoints
present in the 'guifont', even for Unicode codepoints above U+FFFF.

Rationale: Many CJK codepoints are in plane 2 (U+20000 to U+2FFFF).
Representing all of them indiscriminately by double-wide question marks makes
editing East-Asian text files difficult.

Hm... There seems to be something similar at todo.txt (2007-Jul-22) line 720:

8   When 'encoding' is "utf-8", should use 'guifont' for both normal and wide
     characters to make Asian languages work.  Win32 fonts contain both
     type of characters.

This is already implemented (at least in the GTK2 GUI) for wide and narrow
characters in the BMP (Basic Multilingual Plane, U+0000 to U+FFFF). It remains
to be implemented for characters outside the BMP. Many TTF fonts installed on
my Linux system (and which I got from Novell/SuSE but also from various other
royalty-free sources) include glyphs both inside and outside the BMP, as can
be seen by displaying the page in Firefox with an appropriate CSS sheet. The
latest fonts which I installed are particularly complete if not extremely
pretty: "HAN NOM A" and "HAN NOM B", both from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153105&package_id=172061
-- I got the tip from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB18030#Glyphs

independence.
                -- Charles A. Beard

Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> Talking of todo lists, is the following item on it?
>
> - In the GUI, when using a multi-byte 'encoding' use glyphs for any codepoints
> present in the 'guifont', even for Unicode codepoints above U+FFFF.
>
> Rationale: Many CJK codepoints are in plane 2 (U+20000 to U+2FFFF).
> Representing all of them indiscriminately by double-wide question marks makes
> editing East-Asian text files difficult.
>
> Hm... There seems to be something similar at todo.txt (2007-Jul-22) line 720:
>
> 8   When 'encoding' is "utf-8", should use 'guifont' for both normal and wide
>      characters to make Asian languages work.  Win32 fonts contain both
>      type of characters.
>
> This is already implemented (at least in the GTK2 GUI) for wide and narrow
> characters in the BMP (Basic Multilingual Plane, U+0000 to U+FFFF). It remains
> to be implemented for characters outside the BMP. Many TTF fonts installed on
> my Linux system (and which I got from Novell/SuSE but also from various other
> royalty-free sources) include glyphs both inside and outside the BMP, as can
> be seen by displaying the page in Firefox with an appropriate CSS sheet. The
> latest fonts which I installed are particularly complete if not extremely
> pretty: "HAN NOM A" and "HAN NOM B", both from
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153105&package_id=172061
> -- I got the tip from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB18030#Glyphs

It is very unlikely I will work on this myself.  Thus we will have to
wait for someone to work on this.

--
Q: What is a patch 22?
A: A patch you need to include to make it possible to include patches.