Re: Switching to last-used tab

Manas Gupta
Hello everyone, I have a query regarding tab switching.

Currently, Vim uses a sequential approach to traverse through tabs,
as an example, assuming the following tabs to be opened:

Tab 1 | Tab 2 | Tab 3

while doing `gt` it will traverse from 1 to 2 to 3, and back to 1.

But isn't moving be better if we use last-used tab instead of sequential
approach. Like if I was at Tab 2 and moved to Tab 3, and then I do `gt`
then it moves to Tab 2 instead of Tab 1.

Also, if someone has some unique hack around it, will you please share?

Thanks everyone
--
Manas
CSAM Undergraduate | 2022 (hopefully :P)

Re: Switching to last-used tab [SOLVED]

Manas Gupta
I suppose sometimes it's better to read help pages first instead
of googling in a hurry.

I found out about `g<Tab>` in the help section.

Really sorry for wasting everyone's time :(

--
Manas
CSAM Undergraduate | 2022 (hopefully :P)
IIIT-Delhi, India

Re: Switching to last-used tab [SOLVED]

edes
el Mon, 5 Oct 2020 05:47:35 +0530
Manas <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I suppose sometimes it's better to read help pages first instead
> of googling in a hurry.
>
> I found out about `g<Tab>` in the help section.

Is this something new? I'm using 8.2.0814, and g<Tab> doesn't have any
effect. It isn't mentioned in :help section, either.

--
edes <[hidden email]>

Re: Switching to last-used tab [SOLVED]

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 7:19 AM edes <[hidden email]> wrote:
el Mon, 5 Oct 2020 05:47:35 +0530
Manas <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I suppose sometimes it's better to read help pages first instead
> of googling in a hurry.
>
> I found out about `g<Tab>` in the help section.

Is this something new? I'm using 8.2.0814, and g<Tab> doesn't have any
effect. It isn't mentioned in :help section, either.

The support for jumping to the last used tabpage was added in 8.2.1401.

- Yegappan

Re: Switching to last-used tab [SOLVED]

edes
el Fri, 9 Oct 2020 08:21:06 -0700
Yegappan Lakshmanan <[hidden email]> escribió:

> The support for jumping to the last used tabpage was added in
> 8.2.1401.

Thank you. I updated to the latest 8.2.1816, and it's indeed working.
Great little feature!

--
edes <[hidden email]>