Re: cygwin & Make_ming.mak problem

Christian J. Robinson-2
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Christian -
>
>> % make -f Make_ming.mak
>> [...]
>> fileio.c: In function âbuf_modnameâ:
>> fileio.c:6251: error: â_MAX_PATHâ undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> The source code has been like this for a long time.
> I suspect something in your setup is wrong.
> Or you just need to use Make_cyg.mak if you actually use Cygwin.

From Make_cyg.mak:

   # USEDLL   no or yes: set to yes to use the Runtime library DLL (no)
   #          For USEDLL=yes the cygwin1.dll is required to run Vim.
   #          "no" does not work with latest version of Cygwin, use
   #          Make_ming.mak instead.  Or set CC to gcc-3.

[...]

   ##############################
   # USEDLL=yes will build a Cygwin32 executable that relies on
   # cygwin1.dll.
   # USEDLL=no will build a Mingw32 executable with no extra dll
   # dependencies.
   ##############################
   ifeq (yes, $(USEDLL))
   DEFINES += -D_MAX_PATH=256 -D__CYGWIN__
   else
   INCLUDES += -mno-cygwin
   endif

I don't want an executable that requires the cygwin1.dll, so I
followed the instruction to use Make_ming.mak instead.

If I try to use Make_cyg.mak, I get this error:
  gcc: The -mno-cygwin flag has been removed; use a mingw-targeted
  cross-compiler.

Of course, it also gives the option of using the older gcc-3 instead,
but I suspect that will not be an option forever, and that method
still doesn't work for me:
   /cygdrive/c/Users/HEPTIT~1.ZAT/AppData/Local/Temp/cc17eQMI.o:dosinst.c:(.text+0x31dc): undefined reference to `_IID_IPersistFile'
   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
   make: *** [install.exe] Error 1

- Christian

--
Christian J. Robinson <[hidden email]>

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Christian J. Robinson wrote:

> Of course, it also gives the option of using the older gcc-3
> instead, but I suspect that will not be an option forever, and that
> method still doesn't work for me:
>  /cygdrive/c/Users/HEPTIT~1.ZAT/AppData/Local/Temp/cc17eQMI.o:dosinst.c:(.text+0x31dc):
> undefined reference to `_IID_IPersistFile'
>  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>  make: *** [install.exe] Error 1

I was able to compile using Make_cyg.mak, without the cygwin1.dll by
setting CC=gcc-3 and adding -L/lib/w32api to EXTRA_LIBS.

- Christian

--
Christian J. Robinson <[hidden email]>