Re: gvim crash when using UTF-8 locale and paste text from Windows clipboard

Re: gvim crash when using UTF-8 locale and paste text from Windows clipboard

Bram Moolenaar

Rainux -

> Hi Bram, recently I use MSVC 6.0 to compile Vim, and found Vim 6.4
> will not crash when try to display some UTF-8 encoded Chinese message.
> Both GCC 3.4.4 in Cygwin and MSVC 5.0 (you use it compile the
> "official build", don't you?) compiled Vim 6.4 will crash on this
> case.
>
> But Vim 7.0aa already fixed this "bug" (I've tested above version
> 7.0149), use GCC to compile is OK. And, Vim 7 can correctly hand the
> Chinese file name on zh_CN.UTF-8 locale now. (Vim 6.4 can't)
>
> So, I want to suggest you use the recent version of MSVC to compile
> the "official build" if possible, thanks.

I plan to switch to the free compiler that MS distributes.  But I need
to make sure there are no legal problems and find a way to debug the
resulting program.

- Bram

--
"Hit any key to continue" it said, but nothing happened after F sharp.

 \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://www.ICCF.nl         ///

Re: gvim crash when using UTF-8 locale and paste text from Windows clipboard

Rainux
The free Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 do not contain platform SDK,
therefor, you should get the newer .lib and .h files another way ;)

I've used Visual C++ 2003 (the compiler and the one in the Visual C++
Toolkit 2003 is just the same) to compile Vim for some days, and it
seems work fine.

Gdb can be used as debugger in Win32 too.

2005/11/23, Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]>:

> I plan to switch to the free compiler that MS distributes.  But I need
> to make sure there are no legal problems and find a way to debug the
> resulting program.
>
> - Bram
>
> --
> "Hit any key to continue" it said, but nothing happened after F sharp.
>
>  /// Bram Moolenaar -- [hidden email] -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
> ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
> \\\        download, build and distribute -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///
>  \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://www.ICCF.nl         ///