Re: [vim/vim] netrw 162m closes and deletes current window/buffer when opening directory (#2141)

Re: [vim/vim] netrw 162m closes and deletes current window/buffer when opening directory (#2141)

Charles E Campbell Jr
jim jammer wrote:

> How to replicate:
> Open a file in vim, either command
> |vim filename.ext|
> or from vim
> |:e filename.ext|
> Open netrw explorer in vertical split
> |:Vex|
> Choose a directory and open it by pressing |<enter>|
>
> your buffer containing filename.ext is automatically deleted and the
> window is closed. 99% sure this is a bug with netrw but I don't know
> where their issues are tracked.
>
> OS: windows, both vim and gvim behave the same
> Vim Version: Various versions of 8, lately using nightly builds,
> present in 8.0.1130

I am unable to duplicate this problem; I'm using Scientific Linux, vim
8.0.1257.

So, please refer to the directions in :help netrw-debug, generate a
trace, and send it on to me.

 * run it with:   vim -u netrw.vimrc  (see attached)
 * please use :Dsep after each command that you type (it helps me
delineate what netrw did after each command)

Thank you!
Chip Campbell

netrw.vimrc (122 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [vim/vim] netrw 162m closes and deletes current window/buffer when opening directory (#2141)

Piotr Bugała
W dniu poniedziałek, 13 listopada 2017 16:08:18 UTC+1 użytkownik DrChip napisał:

> jim jammer wrote:
> >
> > How to replicate:
> > Open a file in vim, either command
> > |vim filename.ext|
> > or from vim
> > |:e filename.ext|
> > Open netrw explorer in vertical split
> > |:Vex|
> > Choose a directory and open it by pressing |<enter>|
> >
> > your buffer containing filename.ext is automatically deleted and the
> > window is closed. 99% sure this is a bug with netrw but I don't know
> > where their issues are tracked.
> >
> > OS: windows, both vim and gvim behave the same
> > Vim Version: Various versions of 8, lately using nightly builds,
> > present in 8.0.1130
> >

> I am unable to duplicate this problem; I'm using Scientific Linux, vim
> 8.0.1257.
>
> So, please refer to the directions in :help netrw-debug, generate a
> trace, and send it on to me.
>
>  * run it with:   vim -u netrw.vimrc  (see attached)
>  * please use :Dsep after each command that you type (it helps me
> delineate what netrw did after each command)
>
> Thank you!
> Chip Campbell
I was not able to reproduce this in provided way too.  But I noticed that with vim it happens all the time using below commands:

$ vim test.file
:Vexp
Enter any directory

Chip,
I tried to follow netrw-debug but somehow it just saved window output only which is no much of a use. I'm attaching some debug from vim.

I run vim with
vim -u netrw.vimrc --noplugins -i NONE

netrw.vimrc attached too.

vimlog.log (8K) Download Attachment
netrw.vimrc (106 bytes) Download Attachment