Re: [vim/vim] netrw 162m closes and deletes current window/buffer when opening directory (#2141)

Re: [vim/vim] netrw 162m closes and deletes current window/buffer when opening directory (#2141)

Charles E Campbell Jr
jim jammer wrote:

> How to replicate:
> Open a file in vim, either command
> |vim filename.ext|
> or from vim
> |:e filename.ext|
> Open netrw explorer in vertical split
> |:Vex|
> Choose a directory and open it by pressing |<enter>|
>
> your buffer containing filename.ext is automatically deleted and the
> window is closed. 99% sure this is a bug with netrw but I don't know
> where their issues are tracked.
>
> OS: windows, both vim and gvim behave the same
> Vim Version: Various versions of 8, lately using nightly builds,
> present in 8.0.1130

I am unable to duplicate this problem; I'm using Scientific Linux, vim
8.0.1257.

So, please refer to the directions in :help netrw-debug, generate a
trace, and send it on to me.

 * run it with:   vim -u netrw.vimrc  (see attached)
 * please use :Dsep after each command that you type (it helps me
delineate what netrw did after each command)

Thank you!
Chip Campbell

netrw.vimrc (122 bytes) Download Attachment