Read-only Options?

Paul-433
How can I disable all scripts, such as those in /usr/share/vim/vim63/indent/,
/syntax/, etc, so that only commands in my ~/.vimrc are used? Assume I don't
have root so I can't remove or chmod system-wide files.

Alternatively, how can I make options in my ~/.vimrc read-only, so that nothing
in the above scripts can later override them? e.g. vim's perl.vim overrides
my formatoptions unless I create a ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/perl.vim.

.

Re: Read-only Options?

Anders Thøgersen-2
On 11:00 Tue 01 Nov     , Vigil wrote:
> How can I disable all scripts, such as those in
> /usr/share/vim/vim63/indent/, /syntax/, etc, so that only commands in my
> ~/.vimrc are used? Assume I don't have root so I can't remove or chmod
> system-wide files.

A start for this is using

        set noloadplugins

Then only pugins you specifically want loaded are loaded.

/Anders

Re: Read-only Options?

A.J.Mechelynck
Anders Th?gersen wrote:

> On 11:00 Tue 01 Nov     , Vigil wrote:
>> How can I disable all scripts, such as those in
>> /usr/share/vim/vim63/indent/, /syntax/, etc, so that only commands in my
>> ~/.vimrc are used? Assume I don't have root so I can't remove or chmod
>> system-wide files.
>

> A start for this is using
>
> set noloadplugins
>
> Then only pugins you specifically want loaded are loaded.
>
> /Anders

also
- ":filetype off" which will suppress filetype detection, thus you won't
have syntax-related highlighting, filetype-dependent indenting, and
filetype-plugins
- ":aunmenu *" to remove all menus from gvim

Re: Read-only Options?

Paul-433
Thanks, both.

--