Relative paths for _exe_ calls?

Steve Litt
Hi all,

I gave a presentation last night. Instead of using OOImpress or htmlslides, I
used an outline in VimOutliner. The graphics I needed to show were done like
this:

NoSQL diagram _exe_ kuickshow /a/b/c/d/e/f/nosql.xcf

I can't really distribute it that way, because on other peoples' machines
nosql.xcf won't be in /a/b/c/d/e/f/.

What would be cool would be a way to have done something like this:

NoSQL diagram _exe_ kuickshow ${curdir}/nosql.xcf

I looked in ftplugin/vo_base.vim source code, and executable lines get handled
in a function called spawn(). It parses out the command after _exe_\s*. I
could add code to search for ${curdir} or whatever, and replace it with the
directory containing the currently edited file, if there's a global variable
containing the directory containing the currently edited file, or if there's
a function returning such a directory.

Does anyone know how to get the directory containing the file currently being
edited?

Also, if I put this in, what's the best way to signify the current directory?
${curdir} was just the first thing that came to my mind.

Thanks

SteveT

--
Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware
http://www.troubleshooters.com/

(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.