Remote file browsing using netrw.vim

Ivan Ruiz Gallego
Hello,

I am trying to use the netrw.vim plugin to remotely edit files (using FTP).
Reading and writing files directly works well, but I am not able to browse
the directories on the server.

According to the documentation the following command should allow remote
browsing:

:Nread ftp://[user]@[host]/path/

In my case this may look like:

:Nread ftp://[hidden email]/classes/

I get always the following error message:

"Error detected while processing function <SNR>13_NetRead"
"classes/. not a plain file"

I thank you in advance for your help.

Regards, Ivan.

Re: Remote file browsing using netrw.vim

Charles E Campbell Jr
Quoting Ivan Ruiz Gallego <[hidden email]>:

> I am trying to use the netrw.vim plugin to remotely edit files (using FTP).
> Reading and writing files directly works well, but I am not able to browse
> the directories on the server.
>
> According to the documentation the following command should allow remote
> browsing:
>
> :Nread ftp://[user]@[host]/path/
>
> In my case this may look like:
>
> :Nread ftp://[hidden email]/classes/
>
> I get always the following error message:
>
> "Error detected while processing function <SNR>13_NetRead"
> "classes/. not a plain file"

Try

   :e ftp://[hidden email]/classes/

Regards,