Reschedule a timer?

lith
Hi!

Is there a way to reschedule/delay a timer. Something like:

    let t = timer_start(1000, 'DoSomething')

Then after, say, 500ms:

    call timer_reschedule(1000)

Then wait another 1000ms for DoSomething to be called.

I could of course stop the old and start a new timer but I guess this would waste  resources and be quite inefficient if being done very often.

Regards