Resizing split netrw window opens file

Dennis Benzinger

Hi!

If I'm editing a file and split it by opening a netrw window with
:Hexplore or :Vexplore then as soon as i press the mouse button on the
split bar the file under the cursor in the netrw window gets opened.

Can anybody else reproduce this?

Dennis Benzinger

Re: Resizing split netrw window opens file

Charles Campbell

Dennis Benzinger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I'm editing a file and split it by opening a netrw window with
> :Hexplore or :Vexplore then as soon as i press the mouse button on the
> split bar the file under the cursor in the netrw window gets opened.
>
> Can anybody else reproduce this?

Hello,

I see it -- but I can't think of a way to work around it.  There's a
VimResized event -- but
that only applies _after_ the window has been resized.   line() returns
the line number of
the cursor.

So: does anyone know how to tell that the mouse click occurred while
atop a window
separator?

BTW, you can put
  let g:netrw_mousemaps= 0
into your .vimrc and just turn the netrw mouse maps off.  That means
that you won't be
able to select a file by simply clicking on it.

Regards,
Chip Campbell