Retrieving serverlist list out of popup

Ni Va
Hi,

I am using GVim build following infos :
  • VIM - Vi IMproved 8.2 (2019 Dec 12, compiled Oct 20 2020 14:40:45)
  • MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
  • Included patches: 1-1870

I would like to retrieve a script (vim9) output of serverlist actually running out of a popup.
The only constraint is to use gvim.exe as executable.

The command I launch from script (vim9) actually which gives popup where I would like a string's list.
echo job_start( expand('$vimruntime/gvim.exe --serverlist') )

Thank you for help
NiVa

Re: Retrieving serverlist list out of popup

Jürgen Krämer-4
Hi,

Ni Va schrieb am 20.10.2020 um 15:29:

> I am using GVim build following infos :
>
>   * VIM - Vi IMproved 8.2 (2019 Dec 12, compiled Oct 20 2020 14:40:45)
>   * MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
>   * Included patches: 1-*1870*
>

> I would like to retrieve a script (vim9) output of serverlist actually running out of a popup.
> The only *constraint *is to use *gvim.exe as executable.*
>
> The command I launch from script (vim9) actually which gives popupwhere_I would like a string's list_.
> echo job_start( expand('$vimruntime/gvim.exe --serverlist') )

is there a specific reason you need to start a second instance of GVIM?
There is a function serverlist() which provides this information.

And if you really need to start a second process does it have to be GVIM or
would VIM work also? VIM prints the list of servers on standard output, so
you could redirect its output with the correct set of options for job_start().

Regards,
Jürgen

Re: Retrieving serverlist list out of popup

Ni Va
Hi Jurgen and Thank you.

Yes i need two instances of gvim in a protocole way that i cannot modify.

And i build my own minimalist distro portable on Windows so on this distro i have no vim.exe.

So in these conditions more difficult to get serverlist as output no ?