Retrive old inserts

Alessandro Falcione
I wrote something in a file and then accidentally removed the file, is there any possibility to retrive what I've inserted in that file?

Re: Retrive old inserts

Richard Mitchell
does your .vimrc file include:
  set backup
and possibly
  set backupdir=SOMEPATH
?

If so, your chances are good.

Alessandro Falcione wrote:

> I wrote something in a file and then accidentally removed the file, is
> there any possibility to retrive what I've inserted in that file?

Check for any backup file (ending in ~), in the directory of the ile or
'backupdir'.

Check for an undo file, ending in .un~.

87. Everyone you know asks why your phone line is always busy ...and
    you tell them to send an e-mail.