Running VOPlugins on Windows

Ross Mohn
This email describes how I got hoist to work on my Windows box at the
office. Read on, if interested.

I keep track of LOTS of stuff in my main .otl file at work, but some of
it is private, so I needed to hoist before printing out portions.
Whatever I tried with the configurations, the ,,h command kept telling
me it was a vimoutliner reserved command rather than doing a hoist!

Anyway, it seems the plugin files, because they're in the plugin
subdirectory, were automatically executed outside of the local vo_base
context. This resulted in improper mapping of the hoist commands, etc.,
etc.

So, by putting the vo plugins in the ftplugin directory instead of the
plugin directory and changing the so line in vimoutlinerrc to point to
the new location, all is well.

Anybody else have this problem and similar/different solutions?

Thanks! -RPM
--
Ross Mohn

Re: Running VOPlugins on Windows

Steve Litt
On Wednesday 14 September 2005 11:20 am, Ross Mohn wrote:

> This email describes how I got hoist to work on my Windows box at the
> office. Read on, if interested.
>
> I keep track of LOTS of stuff in my main .otl file at work, but some of
> it is private, so I needed to hoist before printing out portions.
> Whatever I tried with the configurations, the ,,h command kept telling
> me it was a vimoutliner reserved command rather than doing a hoist!
>
> Anyway, it seems the plugin files, because they're in the plugin
> subdirectory, were automatically executed outside of the local vo_base
> context. This resulted in improper mapping of the hoist commands, etc.,
> etc.
>
> So, by putting the vo plugins in the ftplugin directory instead of the
> plugin directory and changing the so line in vimoutlinerrc to point to
> the new location, all is well.
>
> Anybody else have this problem and similar/different solutions?
>
> Thanks! -RPM

Hi Ross,

I had that problem a long time ago and solved it somehow. The solution is
somewhere in the VO archives. It did not involve a "plugin" directory -- I've
always had only an ftplugin directory.

I use VO on Linux, and the vo plugins have always been in the ftplugin
directory below ~/.vim. I don't even have a just plain plugin directory.

Your idea of hoisting a suboutline to prevent it from getting printed is
innovative, to say the least. Good idea!

Thanks

SteveT

--
Steve Litt