Setting java api paths for intellisense

Bouckaert, Hugo
Hi

I have recently added the intellisense plugin from

to my VIM 6.3 and this is working very well, except that I cannot seem
to add additional paths to my list of paths to use for having class
methods pop-ups.

In the documentation intellisense.txt I found this, to have manual
settings for java:

        if has('win32')
            let g:intellisense_root_dir = expand('$VIM/Intellisense')
       if isdirectory(expand($JAVA_HOME))
               let g:intellisense_jvm_dir  =
expand('$JAVA_HOME\jre\bin\server')
               let g:intellisense_javaapi_dir  =
expand('$JAVA_HOME\docs\api')

I only need to add paths to my intellisense_javaapi_dir, so in my _vimrc
I put the following lines:

First I set a global directory, as the path is quite long:
let g:WinWinDir =
"U:\2cc_documentation\WIN_Project\WIN_source_code\src\java\au\gov\wa\wrc
\win"

Then I use the g:WinWinDir to build my path:

let g:intellisense_javaapi_dir  =
expand('U:\javadoc\j2sdk-1_3_1-doc\docs\api,' . g:WinWinDir . '\client,'
. g:WinWinDir . '\gui,' . g:WinWinDir . '\common,' . g:WinWinDir .
'\business,'  . g:WinWinDir . '\server,' . g:WinWinDir . '\batchimport')

But it is not working i.e. in those directories, when typing in a .
(dot) after an object does not expand its methods. Am I perhaps doing
something wrong with the quotes?

Seeing it is "expand", I also tried to put the common path in, thinking
it may "expand" down (this way there are no problems with quotes):

let g:intellisense_javaapi_dir  =
expand('U:\javadoc\j2sdk-1_3_1-doc\docs\api,U:\2cc_documentation\WIN_Pro
ject\WIN_source_code\src\java\au\gov\wa\wrc\win')

But that is not working either, Note that in all cases, classes in the
path U:\javadoc\j2sdk-1_3_1-doc\docs\api are resolved (i.e list their
methods) which makes me think that the variable
g:intellisense_javaapi_dir may perhaps never be sourced from _vimrc, and
perhaps always overridden by the initial setting somewhere in
intellisense itself (it asked me for the path during installation, which
I supplied as U:\javadoc\j2sdk-1_3_1-doc).

Anybody has any ideas on how to expand the intellisense_javaapi_dir?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hugo

Hugo Bouckaert
Oracle Analyst / Programmer
Two's Complement Computing
This email and any attachments may be confidential or legally
privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the
intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any
attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining,
distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein.
Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you
for your cooperation.

Re: Setting java api paths for intellisense

Alejandro Calbazana
Hello,

I do this in conjunction with the Project plugin.

When you say "popup" do you mean triggering the intellisense popup for
the javadocs popup?

I add a script that sets up my project context each time I walk into a
project or change project files.  If there is a way to only trigger this
on a project load basis, that would be cool, but I am not clear on how
to do this.  Anyone have any ideas?

 In this script,  I add the following:

--
" set lib references
let $CLASSPATH = ".;"

let g:intellisense_javaapi_dir =
".;C:\\commons-httpclient-2.0.2\\docs\\apidocs;" .
expand('$JAVA_HOME\docs\api') . ";C:\\logging-log4j-1.2.9\\docs\\api"

compiler javac
---

I have noticed a couple of problems w/ the intellisense plugin in
general.  Although it works out for most packages, I've noticed that
some packages do not trigger an intellisense popup for SOME classes.
I've noticed this when trying to include the HttpClient class from the
commons-httpclient jar.  I've verified that the package is in my
classpath and I can compile and run successfully, however, intellisense
refuses to show the existence of the HttpClient class.  I've logged a
bug with the maintainer and shot them an email, but have not heard any
response.  I'd be interested to know you experience with this.

There is probably a more elegant way to do this, but this is pretty
straightforward...  I know it mucks with the classpath a bit, but it
works and is easy to understand.

Let me know if that helps or not.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Bouckaert, Hugo wrote:

> [...]
>I supplied as U:\javadoc\j2sdk-1_3_1-doc).
>
>Anybody has any ideas on how to expand the intellisense_javaapi_dir?
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>Hugo
>

>Hugo Bouckaert
>Oracle Analyst / Programmer
>Two's Complement Computing
>This email and any attachments may be confidential or legally
>privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the
>intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any
>attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining,
>distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein.
>Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you
>for your cooperation.

RE: Setting java api paths for intellisense

David Fishburn

For any additional directories, just simply add these to the CLASSPATH prior
to starting Vim.  The Intellisense plugin just adds the above directories to
the CLASSPATH if they are not already there.

HTH,
Dave

RE: Setting java api paths for intellisense

David Fishburn

Project has a provision for this.

I do the following:

MyProject=d:\one\two\three CD=. {
 src=src CD=. {
  java=java CD=. in=..\..\vim\in.vim {

So I would also create this file:
        d:\one\two\three\vim\in.vim

This file does the following:
*************
let g:JavacCP='c:\somewhere\classes'
let g:JavacCP = g:JavacCP.';'.expand('$envvariable\somewhere\my.jar')
let g:JavacOutputDir='c:\somewhere\classes'
compiler javac

if $CLASSPATH != 'SQLGrid'
    let $CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH.';'.g:JavacOutputDir
endif
*************

Project also allows you to specify an out.vim, which can reset your
environment back to normal.

HTH,
Dave

--
Do you use Vim to edit SQL?
<Plug>

RE: Setting java api paths for intellisense

Bouckaert, Hugo
Hi

Thanks for all your replies. I tried what several people suggested and
amended my _vimrc file accordingly. It looks like the thing to do is to
make sure intellisense can source from my classpath. So I expanded it to
include all the paths I need:

let $CLASSPATH = ".;"
let $CLASSPATH = $CLASSPATH .
"U:\2cc_documentation\WIN_Project\WIN_source_code\src\java\au\gov\wa\wrc
\java\gui;"
let $CLASSPATH = $CLASSPATH .
"U:\2cc_documentation\WIN_Project\WIN_source_code\src\java\au\gov\wa\wrc
\java\server;"
let $CLASSPATH = $CLASSPATH .
"U:\2cc_documentation\WIN_Project\WIN_source_code\src\java\au\gov\wa\wrc
\java\client;"

Then, for good measure, I included these paths also in
g:intellisense_javaapi_dir (however, I am not sure how to use expand for
multiple directories - is what is done below correct?

let g:intellisense_javaapi_dir  =
expand('U:\javadoc\j2sdk-1_3_1-doc\docs\api;U:\2cc_documentation\WIN_Pro
ject\WIN_source_code\src\java\au\gov\wa\wrc\win\gui;U:\2cc_documentation
\WIN_Project\WIN_source_code\src\java\au\gov\wa\wrc\win\server;U:\2cc_do
cumentation\WIN_Project\WIN_source_code\src\java\au\gov\wa\wrc\win\clien
t')

The problem is that none of these work. I still have the same problem,
namely that for the custom classes of this project I cannot get any
popups, when I put a . (dot) to access their methods.

Is there a way, using intellisense commands to see if it can find the
right classpaths? Is there a way to debug this?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hugo

> I do this in conjunction with the Project plugin.
>
> When you say "popup" do you mean triggering the intellisense popup for

> the javadocs popup?
>
> I add a script that sets up my project context each time I walk into a

> project or change project files.  If there is a way to only trigger
> this on a project load basis, that would be cool, but I am not clear
> on how to do this.  Anyone have any ideas?

Project has a provision for this.

I do the following:

MyProject=d:\one\two\three CD=. {
 src=src CD=. {
  java=java CD=. in=..\..\vim\in.vim {

So I would also create this file:
        d:\one\two\three\vim\in.vim

This file does the following:
*************
let g:JavacCP='c:\somewhere\classes'
let g:JavacCP = g:JavacCP.';'.expand('$envvariable\somewhere\my.jar')
let g:JavacOutputDir='c:\somewhere\classes'
compiler javac

if $CLASSPATH != 'SQLGrid'
    let $CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH.';'.g:JavacOutputDir
endif
*************

Project also allows you to specify an out.vim, which can reset your
environment back to normal.

HTH,
Dave

--
Do you use Vim to edit SQL?
<Plug>
Check the description of these plugins:
dbext.vim - Provides database access to 10 databases (Oracle, Sybase,
SQL Server, MySQL,...)
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=356)
SQLUtilities - Formatting SQL, generate - columns lists, procedures for
databases (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=492)
sql.vim - SQL indent file for Sybase ASA and Oracle
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=495)
Intellisense for Vim : SQL, C++, CSharp, Java, JSP, XML, HTML
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=747)
</Plug>

Re: Setting java api paths for intellisense

David.Fishburn
Check the %temp%/vinhelpererr.txt file.

Delete this file, attempt a . Completion then look at this file.

Then you can check the website, there is debugging information listed there. You just have to define an environment variable.

HTH,
Dave

> I do this in conjunction with the Project plugin.
>
> When you say "popup" do you mean triggering the intellisense popup for

> the javadocs popup?
>
> I add a script that sets up my project context each time I walk into a

> project or change project files.  If there is a way to only trigger
> this on a project load basis, that would be cool, but I am not clear
> on how to do this.  Anyone have any ideas?

Project has a provision for this.

I do the following:

MyProject=d:\one\two\three CD=. {
 src=src CD=. {
  java=java CD=. in=..\..\vim\in.vim {

So I would also create this file:
        d:\one\two\three\vim\in.vim

This file does the following:
*************
let g:JavacCP='c:\somewhere\classes'
let g:JavacCP = g:JavacCP.';'.expand('$envvariable\somewhere\my.jar')
let g:JavacOutputDir='c:\somewhere\classes'
compiler javac

if $CLASSPATH != 'SQLGrid'
    let $CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH.';'.g:JavacOutputDir
endif
*************

Project also allows you to specify an out.vim, which can reset your
environment back to normal.

HTH,
Dave

--
Do you use Vim to edit SQL?
<Plug>
Check the description of these plugins:
dbext.vim - Provides database access to 10 databases (Oracle, Sybase,
SQL Server, MySQL,...)
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=356)
SQLUtilities - Formatting SQL, generate - columns lists, procedures for
databases (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=492)
sql.vim - SQL indent file for Sybase ASA and Oracle
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=495)
Intellisense for Vim : SQL, C++, CSharp, Java, JSP, XML, HTML
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=747)
</Plug>

RE: Setting java api paths for intellisense

Bouckaert, Hugo
Hi

I am sorry but I am really lost here. I did what you asked and indeed I
have error messages in my  vimhelpererr.txt file:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at insen.MemberLister.list(MemberLister.java:96)
        at insen.VimHelper.listMethods(VimHelper.java:101)

I had a look at the website where I found the plugin:

I also had a look at the vim home page.

But I could find no debugging information anywhere.

I checked all the other vim-related files in %temp% but I could not find
anything useful either.

I went to google, typed in "vim intellisense error at insen" but could
find nothing that refers to Java.

Which website are you referring to?

Thanks

Hugo

> I do this in conjunction with the Project plugin.
>
> When you say "popup" do you mean triggering the intellisense popup for

> the javadocs popup?
>
> I add a script that sets up my project context each time I walk into a

> project or change project files.  If there is a way to only trigger
> this on a project load basis, that would be cool, but I am not clear
> on how to do this.  Anyone have any ideas?

Project has a provision for this.

I do the following:

MyProject=d:\one\two\three CD=. {
 src=src CD=. {
  java=java CD=. in=..\..\vim\in.vim {

So I would also create this file:
        d:\one\two\three\vim\in.vim

This file does the following:
*************
let g:JavacCP='c:\somewhere\classes'
let g:JavacCP = g:JavacCP.';'.expand('$envvariable\somewhere\my.jar')
let g:JavacOutputDir='c:\somewhere\classes'
compiler javac

if $CLASSPATH != 'SQLGrid'
    let $CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH.';'.g:JavacOutputDir
endif
*************

Project also allows you to specify an out.vim, which can reset your
environment back to normal.

HTH,
Dave

--
Do you use Vim to edit SQL?
<Plug>
Check the description of these plugins:
dbext.vim - Provides database access to 10 databases (Oracle, Sybase,
SQL Server, MySQL,...)
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=356)
SQLUtilities - Formatting SQL, generate - columns lists, procedures for
databases (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=492)
sql.vim - SQL indent file for Sybase ASA and Oracle
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=495)
Intellisense for Vim : SQL, C++, CSharp, Java, JSP, XML, HTML
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=747)
</Plug>

RE: Setting java api paths for intellisense

David Fishburn
> I had a look at the website where I found the plugin:

I meant where you downloaded it, so from the above page it pointed you to:
http://insenvim.sourceforge.net/

From that site you could look at the troubleshooting page:
http://insenvim.sourceforge.net/troubleshoot.htm

Dave