Silly "Save" question...

Ian

Silly "Save" question...

Ian
I've recently been trying MacVim for my code editing and have noticed that when I save a file that has more lines in it than the editor window, (for instance, one .go file this happens to is 71 lines long), I'll be dropped into a (non-colorized) buffer and it'll give me a --more-- indicator, so I press the space bar and it then says "Press ENTER or type command to continue". If the file has fewer lines than the window, it simply saves the file as it's supposed to!

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening, and how I can stop it?

Thanks,
Ian

Ian

Re: Silly "Save" question...

Ian
On Monday, November 3, 2014 10:32:06 PM UTC-5, Ian wrote:

It just happened on a 34-line .go file! (The edit window is 51 lines long.)

Re: Silly "Save" question...

Charles Campbell
Ian wrote:
> I've recently been trying MacVim for my code editing and have noticed that when I save a file that has more lines in it than the editor window, (for instance, one .go file this happens to is 71 lines long), I'll be dropped into a (non-colorized) buffer and it'll give me a --more-- indicator, so I press the space bar and it then says "Press ENTER or type command to continue". If the file has fewer lines than the window, it simply saves the file as it's supposed to!
>
> Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening, and how I can stop it?

I suggest trying

   :set ch=2

and see if that helps.

Regards,
C Campbell

Ian

Re: Silly "Save" question...

Ian
On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:55:19 PM UTC-5, Charles Campbell wrote:

> Ian wrote:
> > I've recently been trying MacVim for my code editing and have noticed that when I save a file that has more lines in it than the editor window, (for instance, one .go file this happens to is 71 lines long), I'll be dropped into a (non-colorized) buffer and it'll give me a --more-- indicator, so I press the space bar and it then says "Press ENTER or type command to continue". If the file has fewer lines than the window, it simply saves the file as it's supposed to!
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening, and how I can stop it?
> >
> I suggest trying
>
>    :set ch=2
>
> and see if that helps.
>
> Regards,
> C Campbell

Hi! Apologies for not checking back, I thought I'd checked the "email updates" option, but didn't see any update.

That didn't do much of anything, sorry. It did change the height of the command entry area at the bottom! I've kinda got used to it doing that, now. (Considering that I hit <Ctl-S> every few lines, it didn't take long for this to become muscle-memory!) It's probably a conflict with one of the plugins; something I'll have to try and remember to get to in the next few days.

Thanks,
Ian