Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Douglas Drumond
Sorry for the delay, finally I published a new snapshot of MacVim. You can find snapshot 74 at https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74

Please let me know if you run into problems.

--
Douglas Drumond

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Rick Dooling-2
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:44:06 AM UTC-6, Douglas Drumond wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, finally I published a new snapshot of MacVim. You can find snapshot 74 at https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74
>
> Please let me know if you run into problems.
>
> --
> Douglas Drumond

Thank you, Douglas! Much appreciated!

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Rick Dooling-2
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 5:13:25 AM UTC-6, RPDooling wrote:
> On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:44:06 AM UTC-6, Douglas Drumond wrote:
> > Sorry for the delay, finally I published a new snapshot of MacVim. You can find snapshot 74 at https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74
> >
> > Please let me know if you run into problems.
> >
> > --
> > Douglas Drumond
>
> Thank you, Douglas! Much appreciated!

I tried using the snapshot 74 and I get a stunted dropdown menu, see attached image, and I can't open any files.

If I use "Open Recent" the files are listed there but when I select one, I can't see it to edit it. MacVim appears to be just a toolbar with no editing screen.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 5.45.21 AM.png (153K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Douglas Drumond

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM, RPDooling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> I tried using the snapshot 74 and I get a stunted dropdown menu, see attached image, and I can't open any files.
>
> If I use "Open Recent" the files are listed there but when I select one, I can't see it to edit it. MacVim appears to be just a toolbar with no editing screen.


I found some bugs at work. mvim -u NONE starts fine, probably is related with some options related to plugins (I got a lot of conflicts merging with main Vim).

Please refrain from updating, I'll check when I get back home. Sorry.


--
Douglas Drumond

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Rick Dooling-2
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 6:18:22 AM UTC-6, Douglas Drumond wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM, RPDooling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >
> > I tried using the snapshot 74 and I get a stunted dropdown menu, see attached image, and I can't open any files.
> >
> > If I use "Open Recent" the files are listed there but when I select one, I can't see it to edit it. MacVim appears to be just a toolbar with no editing screen.
>
>
> I found some bugs at work. mvim -u NONE starts fine, probably is related with some options related to plugins (I got a lot of conflicts merging with main Vim).
>
> Please refrain from updating, I'll check when I get back home. Sorry.
>
>
> --
> Douglas Drumond
No worries. I reverted to 73 Yosemite and it works fine.

From here

https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-73

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Charles
In reply to this post by Douglas Drumond
Douglas Drumond wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, finally I published a new snapshot of MacVim. You
can
> find snapshot 74 at
> https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74 Please
let me know if you run into problems.


Wonderful, thanks.  And FWIW, I'm not yet experiencing the bugs that were
reported.

One small thing: after updating the repo with git, and doing "git log", I
see that many of the commit messages are messed up.  The one right before
the Snapshot 74 commit, for instance.  But mainly what I see is, there are
tabs strewn about that really make the display of the log hard to read in
some cases.  Look at the log for commit for 7.4.471.  Often when the
"Problem: such and such" or "Solution: such and such" part takes more than
one line, the second line is improperly indented because the second line
starts with a tab.

I don't know how those tabs are getting in there, but they're not supposed
to be there. They're not in the hg repo for vim, and they weren't in the
b4winckler repo either.  I wonder if the commit messages are created in
Vim and you have something set that auto-inserts tabs?

Cheers,
Charles




--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Limin Tang
In reply to this post by Douglas Drumond
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:18:22 AM UTC-8, Douglas Drumond wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM, RPDooling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >
> > I tried using the snapshot 74 and I get a stunted dropdown menu, see attached image, and I can't open any files.
> >
> > If I use "Open Recent" the files are listed there but when I select one, I can't see it to edit it. MacVim appears to be just a toolbar with no editing screen.
>
>
> I found some bugs at work. mvim -u NONE starts fine, probably is related with some options related to plugins (I got a lot of conflicts merging with main Vim).
>
> Please refrain from updating, I'll check when I get back home. Sorry.
>
>
> --
> Douglas Drumond

Hi Doug,

Could you also fix the issue that black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full screen mode on Yosemite? I posted a fix a while ago; but if you have a better fix, please ignore my post. Thanks.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Charles
In reply to this post by Charles


Charles wrote:
> Douglas Drumond wrote:
>> Sorry for the delay, finally I published a new snapshot of MacVim. You
> can
>> find snapshot 74 at
>> https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74 Please
> let me know if you run into problems.

On the github page, it says there are 3400 (!!!) releases.  Is that
intentional?  I hope not, as it makes it hard for the user to navigate to
earlier snapshots.

-Charles

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Douglas Drumond

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Charles <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On the github page, it says there are 3400 (!!!) releases.  Is that
> intentional?  I hope not, as it makes it hard for the user to navigate to
> earlier snapshots.


That was a problem when I pulled Vim source. Accidentally I also pulled all the tags and GitHub marks them as releases. Fixing it now.


--
Douglas Drumond

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Douglas Drumond
In reply to this post by Limin Tang

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Limin Tang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Doug,
>
> Could you also fix the issue that black bars on the top and bottom of Vim window in native full screen mode on Yosemite? I posted a fix a while ago; but if you have a better fix, please ignore my post. Thanks.


I'll look into your fix. Thanks for helping.


--
Douglas Drumond

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Bee
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Bee
In reply to this post by Douglas Drumond
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 2:44:06 AM UTC-8, Douglas Drumond wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, finally I published a new snapshot of MacVim. You can find snapshot 74 at https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74
>
> Please let me know if you run into problems.
>
> --
> Douglas Drumond

Thank you Douglas.

FWIW
I compiled the source from github on osx 10.5.8 PowerBook ppc g4 and it is working. Any thing you would like me to test?
-- Bill

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Federico Calboli
In reply to this post by Douglas Drumond
On Monday, 23 February 2015 12:44:06 UTC+2, Douglas Drumond  wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, finally I published a new snapshot of MacVim. You can find snapshot 74 at https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74
>
> Please let me know if you run into problems.
>
> --
> Douglas Drumond

Hi Douglas,  would you say that is safe to update now?

Thank you for your work, it is much appreciated!

Federico

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Douglas Drumond

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:22 AM, Federico Calboli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Douglas,  would you say that is safe to update now?

​The crashes I could reproduce in my machine are gone, but I'm not totally confident. I uploaded to https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74 and marked as release candidate. I'll try at work to see if I run into problems too.​


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Douglas Drumond

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Douglas Drumond <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:22 AM, Federico Calboli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Douglas,  would you say that is safe to update now?

​The crashes I could reproduce in my machine are gone, but I'm not totally confident. I uploaded to https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74 and marked as release candidate. I'll try at work to see if I run into problems too.​

At work it used to crash instantly but now it's working fine.​ I haven't run into problems yet.


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Rick Dooling-2
On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 6:13:31 AM UTC-6, Douglas Drumond wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Douglas Drumond <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:22 AM, Federico Calboli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Douglas,  would you say that is safe to update now?
>
>
> ​The crashes I could reproduce in my machine are gone, but I'm not totally confident. I uploaded to https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74 and marked as release candidate. I'll try at work to see if I run into problems too.​
>
> At work it used to crash instantly but now it's working fine.​ I haven't run into problems yet.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Douglas Drumond
> Café Linear – GDG Campinas​
>
> google.com/+DouglasDrumond – @douglasdrumond
Snapshot 74 working here in Yosemite 10.10.2

Thank you, Douglas!

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Colin McLear
In reply to this post by Douglas Drumond
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:44:06 AM UTC-6, Douglas Drumond wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, finally I published a new snapshot of MacVim. You can find snapshot 74 at https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-74
>
> Please let me know if you run into problems.
>
> --
> Douglas Drumond

Any chance this is going to go up on homebrew? It looks like homebrew is currently still looking at:

>macvim: stable 7.4-73, HEAD
>https://code.google.com/p/macvim/
>From: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/macvim.rb

Thanks!

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snapshot 74 for OS X 10.10

Peter Shenkin
I just noticed 74 and replaced 73 on my Yosemite system. I wasn't aware it had just been released. Prior to that I was seeing msgs in the tty that said:

2015-03-18 00:08:47.288 MacVim[11180:2170105] Communications error: <OS_xpc_error: <error: 0x7fff71e40b60> { count = 1, contents =
"XPCErrorDescription" => <string: 0x7fff71e40fa8> { length = 22, contents = "Connection interrupted" }

I haven't used 74 long enough to know whether these will go away, but it was these msgs that led me to check for an update.

-P.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.