Some problem about utf-8 on win32

Donghai Zhu
When I set encoding to utf-8 and let $lang zh_CN.UTF-8, the tooltips
can't display correctly and the popup menu on tabpage also. I found
the problem is that the tool tips is utf-8 encoding, it should be
translated to active codepage encoding.

Re: Some problem about utf-8 on win32

A.J.Mechelynck
ocean wrote:
> When I set encoding to utf-8 and let $lang zh_CN.UTF-8, the tooltips
> can't display correctly and the popup menu on tabpage also. I found
> the problem is that the tool tips is utf-8 encoding, it should be
> translated to active codepage encoding.

I may be wrong, but I think this problem was addressed by a recent bugfix.
Which version and patchlevel are you using? (See the first five lines from the
output of ":version"; and if there is no line starting "Included patches:" it
means you are at patchlevel zero (no patches included).

See at http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.0/README a one-line summary of
every bugfix published so far for Vim 7.0.

For Windows, you can get an "updated" distribution at
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43866&package_id=39721
-- see the "release notes" for the corresponding ":version" listing.

If you want something even more recent, or a different choice of features, you
can compile Vim yourself, see (for Windows)
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm

Re: Some problem about utf-8 on win32

Donghai Zhu
Thanks. I have solved the problem.

Ocean Zhudonghai wrote:

> When I set encoding to utf-8 and let $lang zh_CN.UTF-8, the tooltips
> can't display correctly and the popup menu on tabpage also. I found
> the problem is that the tool tips is utf-8 encoding, it should be
> translated to active codepage encoding.

This should be fixed by patch 7.0.074.

--
LAUNCELOT: At last!   A call!  A cry of distress ...
           (he draws his sword, and turns to CONCORDE)