Spell-checking in Ukrainian

Gevisz
After a new install of my Gentoo I lost spell-checking in Ukrainian
language that worked for me before and I have completely forgotten how
I fixed this problem in my previous Gentoo installation.

Unfortunately, there is no app-vim/vim-spell-uk package in the Gentoo
repository that I can install in the usual way to fix it.

Could you, please, advise me about the best way to enable a spell
checking in Ukrainian language in Gvim?

Re: Spell-checking in Ukrainian

Lang Hurst
On 03/08/ , gevisz wrote:

> After a new install of my Gentoo I lost spell-checking in Ukrainian
> language that worked for me before and I have completely forgotten how
> I fixed this problem in my previous Gentoo installation.
>
> Unfortunately, there is no app-vim/vim-spell-uk package in the Gentoo
> repository that I can install in the usual way to fix it.
>
> Could you, please, advise me about the best way to enable a spell
> checking in Ukrainian language in Gvim?
>
> --

Did you try `set spell spelllang=uk` ?

вт, 9 мар. 2021 г. в 01:05, Lang Hurst <[hidden email]>:

> On 03/08/ , gevisz wrote:
> > After a new install of my Gentoo I lost spell-checking in Ukrainian
> > language that worked for me before and I have completely forgotten how
> > I fixed this problem in my previous Gentoo installation.
> >
> > Unfortunately, there is no app-vim/vim-spell-uk package in the Gentoo
> > repository that I can install in the usual way to fix it.
> >
> > Could you, please, advise me about the best way to enable a spell
> > checking in Ukrainian language in Gvim?
> >

> Did you try `set spell spelllang=uk` ?

Thank you. The command above suggested to download the Ukrainain spl
file and installed it in ~/.vim/spell directory.
So, now I can set spell checking Ukrainian text as usual from Gvim menu.