Strange behavior after insert some shortcuts...

Strange behavior after insert some shortcuts...

Raphael Rabelo de Oliveira
Hello guys,
I'm trying to add some shortcuts to my vimrc file, but a weird behavior is happening:

When i use the new shortcuts, the vim moves the cursor automatically, it's a very strange!

I'm sending my "good" vimrc: http://pastebin.com/aCKJD4a2

Here the new shortcuts that I want insert:

nnoremap <CR> G
nnoremap <BS> gg
nnoremap <leader>x :x<CR>
nnoremap <leader>w :w<CR>

I put at in the final of the file...

I followed the recommendation of this blog: http://sheerun.net/2014/03/21/how-to-boost-your-vim-productivity/

Thanks!

Re: Strange behavior after insert some shortcuts...

Benjamin Fritz
On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 6:47:17 AM UTC-5, Raphael Rabelo de Oliveira wrote:

> Hello guys,
> I'm trying to add some shortcuts to my vimrc file, but a weird behavior is happening:
>
> When i use the new shortcuts, the vim moves the cursor automatically, it's a very strange!
>
> I'm sending my "good" vimrc: http://pastebin.com/aCKJD4a2
>
> Here the new shortcuts that I want insert:
>
> nnoremap <CR> G
> nnoremap <BS> gg
> nnoremap <leader>x :x<CR>
> nnoremap <leader>w :w<CR>

Are the trailing spaces actually there in your .vimrc or just part of the email?

If they're actually in your .vimrc, then Vim is running the ` ` command which moves the cursor forward.

If that's not your problem, then you really need to specify what "moves the cursor automatically" means.

Re: Strange behavior after insert some shortcuts...

Raphael Rabelo de Oliveira
yes, this was the problem!

I'm trying to organize the vimrc with comments and this broken my configs.
I removed the comments and all working now!
I didn't know that i can't put the comments in the same line!

Thanks

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 12:18 AM, Ben Fritz <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 6:47:17 AM UTC-5, Raphael Rabelo de Oliveira wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I'm trying to add some shortcuts to my vimrc file, but a weird behavior is happening:
>
> When i use the new shortcuts, the vim moves the cursor automatically, it's a very strange!
>
> I'm sending my "good" vimrc: http://pastebin.com/aCKJD4a2
>
> Here the new shortcuts that I want insert:
>
> nnoremap <CR> G
> nnoremap <BS> gg
> nnoremap <leader>x :x<CR>
> nnoremap <leader>w :w<CR>

Are the trailing spaces actually there in your .vimrc or just part of the email?

If they're actually in your .vimrc, then Vim is running the ` ` command which moves the cursor forward.

If that's not your problem, then you really need to specify what "moves the cursor automatically" means.

Raphael Rabelo de Oliveira
Red Hat Certified Enginner - RHCE
Cel: 11 96105-8257

Raphael Rabelo's profile on LinkedIn