Strange behavior of vimdiff in vim v8.0.1390 on Windows

Strange behavior of vimdiff in vim v8.0.1390 on Windows

Igor Forca
Hi,
I am using latest development version v8.0.1390 of gVim from https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer/releases/

I see strange behavior of vim diff.
I did:
:e a.txt
:vert diffsp b.txt

To do the diff, but to my surprise everything is marked with red color. I have stripped down file to only two lines in each of file (a.txt and b.txt) and repeted the steps above. The same problem.

Then I did checksum:
C:\>sha1sum a.txt
a4b6ed7fd2085472061ecc981d48c48fecc94251 *a.txt

C:\>sha1sum b.txt
a4b6ed7fd2085472061ecc981d48c48fecc94251 *b.txt

and getting the same checksum. Looks like files are identical, but vim diff displays them like they would be completely different.

I have never experience something like this before. Maybe development version problem or something else?

Can someone please confirm the problem or hint to me what may be wrong in my case.

Regards

diff.png (12K) Download Attachment
a.txt (272 bytes) Download Attachment
b.txt (272 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Strange behavior of vimdiff in vim v8.0.1390 on Windows

Igor Forca
Hi,
this is mystery to me. I have restarted Windows and retested and now diff in vim works without a problem.

I don't understand what was wrong before. But I both files were marked as completely different - both windows in red background.

In my humble opinion there must be some strange bug or something that I can't reproduce anymore.
Regards

Re: Strange behavior of vimdiff in vim v8.0.1390 on Windows

Christian Brabandt

On Fr, 15 Dez 2017, Igor Forca wrote:

> Hi,
> this is mystery to me. I have restarted Windows and retested and now diff in vim works without a problem.
>
> I don't understand what was wrong before. But I both files were marked as completely different - both windows in red background.
>
> In my humble opinion there must be some strange bug or something that I can't reproduce anymore.

Perhaps a third (invisible) buffer in diff mode?

Christian
--
Programmierweisheit:
Unsere Fehler von heute sichern uns unser Brot von morgen.