Subvert command not working - just opens current file in hsplit

Subvert command not working - just opens current file in hsplit

roberto32
:%S/@user{,s}/@event{,s}/g
so this is my command -what this does it opens curerent file in the horiozontal split but do not substitute anything, there must be smth seriously worong with my vim

Re: Subvert command not working - just opens current file in hsplit

Christian Brabandt
Hi Robert!

On Fr, 17 Apr 2015, Robert Balejík wrote:

> :%S/@user{,s}/@event{,s}/g so this is my command -what this does it
> opens curerent file in the horiozontal split but do not substitute
> anything, there must be smth seriously worong with my vim

I guess, you are using a plugin that defines a :S command. So please
ask the plugin author.

Best,
Christian
--
Letzte Worte eines Radfahrers:
  "Der muß anhalten, ich hab ja Vorfahrt."

Re: Subvert command not working - just opens current file in hsplit

roberto32
I consider turn of plugins, but there's also another interesting thing bout the subvert :  Not an editor command: %Subvert

Re: Subvert command not working - just opens current file in hsplit

Ben Fritz
On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 10:32:42 AM UTC-5, Robert Balejík wrote:
> I consider turn of plugins, but there's also another interesting thing bout the subvert :  Not an editor command: %Subvert

That would be, because Subvert is not a built-in command.

You installed a subvert plugin.

The command created by that plugin is not working.

Therefore, you should contact the plugin author.

Re: Subvert command not working - just opens current file in hsplit

Ethan Hereth

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Ben Fritz <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 10:32:42 AM UTC-5, Robert Balejík wrote:
> I consider turn of plugins, but there's also another interesting thing bout the subvert :  Not an editor command: %Subvert

That would be, because Subvert is not a built-in command.

You installed a subvert plugin.

The command created by that plugin is not working.

Therefore, you should contact the plugin author.

Who is, by the way, Tim Pope. The plugin is  vim-abolish. https://github.com/tpope/vim-abolish

I don't use the plugin but from a quick glace at the github page I don't see anything about the :Subvert command splitting the Vim window.

Re: Subvert command not working - just opens current file in hsplit

roberto32
sorted, it is a part of vim-abolish plugin

Re: Subvert command not working - just opens current file in hsplit

Charles Campbell
Robert Balejík wrote:
> :%S/@user{,s}/@event{,s}/g
> so this is my command -what this does it opens curerent file in the horiozontal split but do not substitute anything, there must be smth seriously worong with my vim

By "this is my command", do you mean that you've implemented a command
called "S"?  If so, please show it.

Otherwise, I'm going to guess that you want to do a substitute; in that
case, use "s", not "S".

Regards,
Chip Campbell

Re: Subvert command not working - just opens current file in hsplit

roberto32
no, it's just abbrievate form of the subvert command. I installed the abolish plugin and it si runnin as breeze