Suggestions for VimOutliner presentation tomorrow

Suggestions for VimOutliner presentation tomorrow

Steve Litt
Hi all,

Tomorrow night I'm giving a VimOutliner presentation at the LUG at UCF. Most
attendees will be undergrads or graduate students, and all will be
enthusiastic about Linux. The club president is an enthusiastic VimOutliner
user, but I'd imagine most of the rest are typical of the population at large
-- "who needs outlines?"

I'll show off brainstorming, note taking, book authoring, trip planning,
computer program designing, todo listing, knowledge tree, and project
planning. Anyone else think of other tasks I can show off with VimOutliner?

Any other suggestions?

Noel -- If U want your picture in the presentation, please email it to me or
email me the URL where I can grab it. Here's the picture of myself I'm using
in the presentation:

http://www.troubleshooters.cxm/lpm/200312/dog_and_boy.jpg

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: Suggestions for VimOutliner presentation tomorrow

Noel Henson
On Wednesday 26 October 2005 12:13 pm, Steve Litt wrote:
> Any other suggestions?

You can show off 'Hoisting".

Be sure to show the tear-off menus or at least that there is online help.
I've received many email from newbies that miss the docs.

There is also an output to html option in th VO:Tools menu.

> Noel -- If U want your picture in the presentation, please email it to
> me or email me the URL where I can grab it. Here's the picture of myself
> I'm using in the presentation:

That's not necessary. I'm not that vain (yet).

> http://www.troubleshooters.cxm/lpm/200312/dog_and_boy.jpg

Hahahahahahaha

Noel

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 03:30 pm, Noel Henson wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 October 2005 12:13 pm, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> You can show off 'Hoisting".

I'm going to wait on that. I've found on 0.3.4 that hoisting produces some
dangerous data corruption. For the purpose of the demo I'll use interoutline
links to simulate some of the functionality of hoisting.

When I have more time I'll describe the exact behavior I consider aberant.

> Be sure to show the tear-off menus or at least that there is online help.
> I've received many email from newbies that miss the docs.
>
> There is also an output to html option in th VO:Tools menu.

Ooooooo -- that's gonna turn a lot of heads in this audience. That's the geeky
kinda stuff these guys are gonna love. I think right after the brainstorming
session, I'll turn it into html.