Summary of new quickfix features since Vim 8.0

Summary of new quickfix features since Vim 8.0

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi all,

Below is a summary of the new quickfix features introduced since Vim 8.0.

Most of the changes are in the getqflist()/getloclist() and
setqflist()/setloclist() functions. These are useful to Vim plugin
developers.

1. Quickfix list identifier. Each quickfix list is now assigned a unique
    identifier.
2. Quickfix list context. Any Vim type can be associated with a quickfix
    list as a context.
3. Parsing text using 'errorformat' or a temporary errorformat setting
    without modifying the quickfix stack.
4. Modify any quickfix list in the stack (not only the current list)
    using either the list number or identifier.
5. Free all the lists in the quickfix stack.
6. Save and restore quickfix lists from the stack.
7. Get the number of lists in the stack (size).
8. Get the id/number of the current quickfix list.
9. Add a new quickfix list at the end of the stack.
10. Get and set the various attributes of any quickfix list (title,
      items, id/number, and context).
11. The b:changedtick option in the quickfix buffer is updated whenever
      the displayed list is modified.
12. Separate highlight group for the current line in quickfix window.

- Yegappan

Re: Summary of new quickfix features since Vim 8.0

Tony Mechelynck
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 3:47 AM, Yegappan Lakshmanan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Below is a summary of the new quickfix features introduced since Vim 8.0.
[...]

I notice that in the quickfix.txt helpfile, part of the |quickfix-ID|
helptext, including the tag, is duplicated. I suppose that lines 47-51
of that helpfile (dated 2017 Jun 13) should be deleted.

Re: Summary of new quickfix features since Vim 8.0

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi Tony,

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Tony Mechelynck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 3:47 AM, Yegappan Lakshmanan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Below is a summary of the new quickfix features introduced since Vim 8.0.
> [...]
>
> I notice that in the quickfix.txt helpfile, part of the |quickfix-ID|
> helptext, including the tag, is duplicated. I suppose that lines 47-51
> of that helpfile (dated 2017 Jun 13) should be deleted.

Thanks for reporting this. This was also reported by Hirohito earlier today.
This is because of a bad merge and Bram is correcting this help file.

- Yegappan